Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I think anybody has said that The writing on the Wall was a single. It's announced as a new track. If it really is a single, where are the b sides, live tracks? chart positions?
Dunno about the chart positions, but ''El Dorado'' and ''Speed Of Light'' were also without b-sides or live tracks. EOTC has an interview about the song as a b-side though.

The last proper single was ''Different World''.

Thing is though it'll never depreciate in value. In ten years you could sell it for over a grand easy. I'd buy it as an investment if I had the spare change.

Just look at how much the Eddie's Archive box goes for these days.
General advice, especially since we have younger members on the board: never buy “collectors items” as investments. That’s what stocks and bonds are for. Yes you could end up with something that is worth 100x more than what you paid for in the future, or you could end up with something that isn’t worth anything because a bunch of idiots had the same idea as you and flooded the secondary market with them. It’s risky and lame in general because it ruins the experience for people who just genuinely enjoy that stuff.

Dunno about the chart positions, but ''El Dorado'' and ''Speed Of Light'' were also without b-sides or live tracks. EOTC has an interview about the song as a b-side though.

The last proper single was ''Different World''.
I don't know if Speed of Light was released as physical single, but El Dorado it was. Anyway it's sad that they don't release proper singles since different world

General advice, especially since we have younger members on the board: never buy “collectors items” as investments. That’s what stocks and bonds are for. Yes you could end up with something that is worth 100x more than what you paid for in the future, or you could end up with something that isn’t worth anything because a bunch of idiots had the same idea as you and flooded the secondary market with them. It’s risky and lame in general because it ruins the experience for people who just genuinely enjoy that stuff.
You're 100% correct of course but RE this boxset, they're only producing 2000 of them and will be individually numbered. The likelihood is that a well maintained or even unopened set will certainly increase in value.

Reactions: jcv
If there’s gonna be one it’ll be at least another 3-4 years before we hear anything.
If there are no more History/Hits tours, 3-4 years is a good guess... right after the tour for Senjutsu.
Well, the epic songs are almost always the best songs (or one of the best) from Maiden's albums. Look TBOS - the 3 epics are in their own league.

Steve's epics are always great, so I'm not worried.

You're 100% correct of course but RE this boxset, they're only producing 2000 of them and will be individually numbered. The likelihood is that a well maintained or even unopened set will certainly increase in value.
Nothing is certain. It all depend on content of the box and the number that you have. #1 sounds amazing but #1349? Meh.

Well, the epic songs are almost always the best songs (or one of the best) from Maiden's albums. Look TBOS - the 3 epics are in their own league.

Steve's epics are always great, so I'm not worried.
Me too, we can always rely on Steve to deliver
Go go
Go Stratego go
Go Stratego go
Go Stratego go
Go Stratego go
Whoa-oa-oa-oa

By Chuck Berry Steve Harris.
Spoiler alert!

I think these last 40 odd days is going to be as painful to wait as the last 6 years. The knowledge that there is already a recorded album out there that I cannot get my hands on is really killing me.

If there was one within an hour's drive from me so would I but physical music shops are about as rare these days as a short Maiden song.
Well true, pure record stores are kind of extinct. But we got stuff similar to a Walmart everywhere, which have the newest records.

I don't know if Speed of Light was released as physical single
The song was released as a music video on 14 August 2015 and was also made available as a digital download and issued as a single-track CD exclusive to Best Buy in the US.

I had a dream in which Stratego was released. It was almost identical to The Assassin but in the chorus the word "assassin" was replaced by "Stratego".

Better watch out
'Cause I'm the Stratego
Better watch out
'Cause I'm the Stratego
Better watch out
Better watch out
Stratego!
Stratego!
Stratego!

I had a dream in which Stratego was released. It was almost identical to The Assassin but in the chorus the word "assassin" was replaced by "Stratego".

Better watch out
'Cause I'm the Stratego
Better watch out
'Cause I'm the Stratego
Better watch out
Better watch out
Stratego!
Stratego!
Stratego!
What a gruesome nightmare

I think anybody has said that The writing on the Wall was a single. It's announced as a new track. If it really is a single, where are the b sides, live tracks? chart positions?

There's the official charts. It says it's compiled from "official sales of sales of downloads, CD, vinyl, audio streams and video streams."

Since TWOTW was available to buy on itunes and stream on spotify and youtube it surely should have charted but it's not in the top 100 listed there, so it must not officially account as a single.

I think these last 40 odd days is going to be as painful to wait as the last 6 years. The knowledge that there is already a recorded album out there that I cannot get my hands on is really killing me.
Well according to the Kerrang interview, besides Steve and Bruce the rest of the band are eagerly waiting for the album to be released too, they haven't heard it in its entirety either LOL

There's the official charts. It says it's compiled from "official sales of sales of downloads, CD, vinyl, audio streams and video streams."

Since TWOTW was available to buy on itunes and stream on spotify and youtube it surely should have charted but it's not in the top 100 listed there, so it must not officially account as a single.

Or maybe it just hasn't done that well? I don't know. For audio streams on Spotify at least TWOTW can't compare at all if you look at plays. TWOTW has about 2 million something plays which is nothing compared to some/most (all) of those pop tunes :D

Back