Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

From the FC email

So much has happened in that time, including the announcement of Senjutsu and indeed, the FC-exclusive Limited Edition Collectors Box, pictured below. I just wanted to ping you a quick note because very understandably we're getting lots of questions through about this, and believe me we absolutely love your enthusiasm, and that's why we've made a special video just for you. Some very, very important points:

1. We will give you plenty of notice when the pre-sale for the FC-exclusive box is ready to go live - and we mean days, not minutes - you don't need to keep checking the shop.

2. There is a Super Deluxe Boxset version of Senjutsu available at retail. While they may look similar (in a cg mock up!), the FC-exclusive Limited Edition Collectors Box is very different. Ours is a handcrafted, lacquered wooden box that contains unique items that can't be found anywhere else, and of course the FC-exclusive version will *only* be available directly from us.

3. Contrary to some rumours which we've spotted in the wild, the FC-exclusive box will be available to all members of the FC regardless of what country you're in.

Anybody has sensible ideas, why on post reunion albums there's no 100% hit songs in terms of fast rockers? Exception The Wickerman and Death or Glory (very fun live). I can't understand it. On every classic album there was minimum one standout rocking song. Main songwriters for those type of songs was Steve and Adrian. Adrian to this day tries to write a good banger (in colab with Bruce), but Steve, on other hand.. He lost this ability? Not interested anymore? But.. but his short songs vere GREAT: RTTH, TT, AH. Soon we will hear Stratego, will it be any good. To me Steve in some ways has been stuck in long songs routine. Yes, if long song is good - great, but variation would be very welcomed.

Tears of a Clown, The Final Frontier (if you count Satellite 15 separately), Rainmaker and The Fallen Angel are all examples of great short songs that Harris has writing credits for in my opinion.

From the FC email

So much has happened in that time, including the announcement of Senjutsu and indeed, the FC-exclusive Limited Edition Collectors Box, pictured below. I just wanted to ping you a quick note because very understandably we're getting lots of questions through about this, and believe me we absolutely love your enthusiasm, and that's why we've made a special video just for you. Some very, very important points:

1. We will give you plenty of notice when the pre-sale for the FC-exclusive box is ready to go live - and we mean days, not minutes - you don't need to keep checking the shop.

2. There is a Super Deluxe Boxset version of Senjutsu available at retail. While they may look similar (in a cg mock up!), the FC-exclusive Limited Edition Collectors Box is very different. Ours is a handcrafted, lacquered wooden box that contains unique items that can't be found anywhere else, and of course the FC-exclusive version will *only* be available directly from us.

3. Contrary to some rumours which we've spotted in the wild, the FC-exclusive box will be available to all members of the FC regardless of what country you're in.
Not even a Shogi set - with or without two drunk elephants extra - thrown in. :confused:

Folks in the FC are legit freaking out about being able to get this. Like, perhaps I'm wrong, but are there that many Maiden FC members with $450 to blow on a wooden box + trinkets? That's like tickets to 4 (pre-pandemic) shows or 30 CDs or 15 records. Seems really steep...
FC members are borderline insane with some expections. Some of the sane people are here as well.

At $450 dollars I’m on the fence and just pre-ordered the regular box set, silver vinyl and red vinyl. Maybe I’ll get the mega FC box, who knows.

Arranging Death Of The Celts and The Parchment the other way around in the track list would have resolved the issue of exceeding maximum side length for a double vinyl album (and therefore less expensive to manufacture)…so I respect the final track list because it shows Steve (and band?) are adamant they want these ten songs heard in a specific order even if it means having to get up and raise the needle on the player an excessive number of times.
An order that I'm breaking. :ninja: :pI just feel it will even the pace out better.

Not FC member so I don’t have an option, BUT I am very glad it’s so expensive I don’t even have to think twice about it. If there was some extra content like a ‘making of’ I would think about becoming a member to order-

but at that price with those chotskies don’t have to worry about it.

Happy for those excited tho!!

Physical release? And they won't even chuck it in with the super deluxe box set no doubt..they are taking the piss at this stage
To me, the main reason to get the deluxe box set is to have something special instead of a normal CD which is worth $125. But fuck $450 for the FC version!

By the sounds of it, if the regular deluxe version is definitely not worth it, then the fan club exclusive version is extra not worth it. Not really a surprise since these obviously exist solely to make money from album sales in a year where they can't tour. I mean, the stuff they've listed is cool and all, but 450 bux? Come on. I could buy copious amounts of alcohol with that money and probably a box of cigars on top.

Looking forward to the album regardless. Senjutsu (the track) particularly intrigues me since it's a lengthier Steve/Adrian composition and it's been a while since we've had one of those. Isle of Avalon was cool and all, but Paschendale in particular stands out to me as an example of the (potential) greatness in store with those factors in place. Plus it's the title track and opens the album, so I'm definitely expecting great things here.

Collectability. Not my sort of thing (says the person who's paid £100 for a plastic horse), but there's always someone who really appreciates the harder-to-come-by band memorabilia

Back