Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Would really appreciate it if someone posts the price of the FC box when it comes available. If the price difference isn’t that much, I’d be curious. I can see the complaints over the price but honestly it’s exactly what I expected. I don’t think it’s awful for what you’re getting, but no documentary about the album is a bit of a bummer.

One more thing about them playing the album live. Maiden can’t win with the play classics fans on this one. People complained on the TBOS tour too and every tour where they play new music (there are even some archived web pages out there complaining about Maiden doing too much BNW material on that tour. With that in mind, they might as well go all out and play the entire album if they want to do that.

One more thing about them playing the album live. Maiden can’t win with the play classics fans on this one. People complained on the TBOS tour too and every tour where they play new music (there are even some archived web pages out there complaining about Maiden doing too much BNW material on that tour. With that in mind, they might as well go all out and play the entire album if they want to do that.
Yep, 6 new songs is "too much" for the Play Classics crowd. Will be interesting to see what they do.

Actually, looks like we can find out for ourselves - I just now was able to look at the FC exclusive merch at their site.

Exactly. Casuals? Fuck them they got 3 legs of LOTB and delayed our album by 2 years, it's payback time.

EDIT: the irony of this early morning aggressive statement was after seeing 4 shows on AMOLAD's first leg, I kinda thought that I missed the element of surprise as with them playing a full album you always know what's coming next, but now in "new album enthusiasm" mode I could absolutely go for another full album, especially off the back of LOTB.

Last edited:

At least those fans could have some imagination and demand not just Play Classics but Play Different Classics.

Infuse more often some of the Phantom of the Opera, Prisoner, Genghis Khan, Transylvania, To Tame a Land, Revelations, Flight of Icarus, Alexander the Great, Infinite Dreams, Mother Russia, No Prayer for the Dying, The Fallen Angel, Nomad, 1000 suns, Lord of Light, The Legacy, Starblind etc etc into your Playlists.

Is that too much? Fine. Forget the exotic stuff. Just include Alexander in next tour. That’s over 20 years the entire world is asking them and they know it. The crowd would go completely nuts just over this one.

The way Iron Maiden records these new albums, it would be so interesting if they would just video record the whole thing in Paris and release as a documentary. I also don't much care about animated music videos, i would rather prefer the footage of them playing in the studio as the music video over any of the other stuff.

The way Iron Maiden records these new albums, it would be so interesting if they would just video record the whole thing in Paris and release as a documentary. I also don't much care about animated music videos, i would rather prefer the footage of them playing in the studio as the music video over any of the other stuff.
I agree. I love the video of Different World where they have dubbed the track over them recording it. One of the best things about the DVD edition of the album.

Exactly. Casuals? Fuck them they got 3 legs of LOTB and delayed our album by 2 years, it's payback time.

EDIT: the irony of this early morning aggressive statement was after seeing 4 shows on AMOLAD's first leg, I kinda thought that I missed the element of surprise as with them playing a full album you always know what's coming next, but now in "new album enthusiasm" mode I could absolutely go for another full album, especially off the back of LOTB.
LOTB was an amazing tour. However it's time to move forward. There always be someone disapointed but I think that it's time to play album as a whole. I will be ok with tour where they play 2 - 3 songs from new CD but as a die-hard fan I would love to see them going full on after nostalgia tour.

LOTB was an amazing tour. However it's time to move forward. There always be someone disapointed but I think that it's time to play album as a whole. I will be ok with tour where they play 2 - 3 songs from new CD but as a die-hard fan I would love to see them going full on after nostalgia tour.
I would love to see them perform the new songs and the old tracks that they don't always play. Any of the Blaze era songs would be fantastic. At the same time I do understand that there are a lot of new generation maiden fans that would be seeing them for the first time or even old fans outside of Europe, Americas and Australia that do not get a chance to see them often. For those fans, not playing Fear of the Dark or Run to the hills would be a disservice

Back