Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I also cant stand FOD, IM, Trooper, 666 on every live album, but the energy during these songs on concerts are over the top.

We all saw what was during FTGGOG this tour, people were taking piss break.
Yeah, the shows aren't just for us die-hard fans.

What I'm getting out of this is that somehow there apparently weren't 3 minutes or so they could cut from the last two songs on the record, which would've made them easily fit as a double LP/single CD album. I'm honestly a little puzzled by that, especially since Bruce's interview kind of makes it sound like Steve's songs weren't necessarily rock-solid compositions with no breathing room in any direction.
It could have been 10 seconds too long and no one on this planet would have been able to get Maiden and in particular Steve to cut anything from the album. I think they simply want the songs to be like intended, and if it's just slightly longer than a single cd so be it.

I also cant stand FOD, IM, Trooper, 666 on every live album, but the energy during these songs on concerts are over the top.

We all saw what was during FTGGOG this tour, people were taking piss break.
Though the three you mentioned do get particularly notable responses, I can't say I noticed any particular downturn during the "rarities".

Since we are discussing setlists, I hope Brave New World makes a return. They wanted to play it in 2016 but decided to drop it.
They wanted to play it? What's your source on that? I'm still gutted they rehearsed Infinite Dreams on the Maiden England tour (there was a picture of it on a soundboard somewhere) and decided not to play it :(

They wanted to play it? What's your source on that? I'm still gutted they rehearsed Infinite Dreams on the Maiden England tour (there was a picture of it on a soundboard somewhere) and decided not to play it :(
It was one of 16 songs on the setlist they gave to chinese government, and I remember Bruce saying it was time to do a Dave song again.

I think the setlist of the LOTB Tour was absolutely perfect. In my Opinion they can drop Eagles because Bruce is straining way too much on that Song.

The song Senjutsu, i am wondering if H came up with a riff infusing Japanese style scales? I am guessing the song will include some sort of atmospheric intro with perhaps use of classical japanese musical instruments before the maiden riffs kick in. I loved the intro to TBOS with If eternity should fail and so hoping for something similar.

Re: Asian Hooker by Steel Panther.

F*ck Trooper! They had so many great classic songs, but half of setlist's the same every tour. I dream to hear Futureal and Virus and some other never played Blaze's era songs live with Bruce. Same for good oldies like No Prayer For The Dying, Infinite Dreams, FHTE, ATG... hell, I can list forever. I was really happy when they've add ATSS in Maiden England'13 setlist. And also need more post-reunion songs such as Brave New World, Rainmaker... I mean if you're doing historical tours with only old songs, please do album tour setlists more varied.
Maiden setlists are for the majority of fans not just the die-hards. They'll never not play Trooper and they'd get booed off stage if they didn't. It's their biggest song.

Reactions: jcv
I can't stand 'Iron Maiden' on the setlist anymore.

BQOBD I think is a quite difficult song for Bruce to sing nowadays.
I can't imagine a Maiden concert without ''Iron Maiden'' before the encores.

BQOBD will be a difficult song for Nicko imo (not so much for Bruce), but if he can play WED nowadays, why not...
They'll never not play Trooper and they'd get booed off stage if they didn't. It's their biggest song.
Well, Trooper was not played live in 2006 and 2010.

What I'm getting out of this is that somehow there apparently weren't 3 minutes or so they could cut from the last two songs on the record, which would've made them easily fit as a double LP/single CD album. I'm honestly a little puzzled by that, especially since Bruce's interview kind of makes it sound like Steve's songs weren't necessarily rock-solid compositions with no breathing room in any direction.

Even though a CD technically has room for 80 minutes audio (maximum) using it all is asking for trouble. Have heard on hifi-forums some players have issues with tracking when getting above 70 minutes.

If Hell on Earth is somewhere on the line of Blood on the World’s Hands, but more epic - I’m all in :)
I've seen some posts about The Writing of the Wall, and that it should have been a bit faster. There's no other song that could have benefitted more than Blood on the World's Hands, if it was a couple of percent faster. The dark and grim as fuck lyrics really goes over in a whole other way.

Case in point: I sped up the instrumental and solo sections of the song by 10%.

You can charge more for a double album, and a double album counts as 2x the sales in terms of gold/platinum status. Why do you think Metallica’s Hardwired was sold as a double album when it would have fit on a single CD like Load…?

Back