Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I can't stand 'Iron Maiden' on the setlist anymore.

BQOBD I think is a quite difficult song for Bruce to sing nowadays.
Less difficult than where eagles dare. He struggled with that a lot on tour sounded very strained. If he can try pull that off then BQOBD isn't off limits at all

Reactions: jcv
Yesterday reading Kerrang's interview with Bruce, i noticed there were no mentions about possible hit/standout songs. Except for Hell on Earth. This worries me a little bit. Please no 'jam session' songs.
Im gonna bet there are plenty of jam session bits used by the way Bruce mentioned even rehersals were recorded. And all the songs were played "live" after getting the basic idea down

I think he’s saying they are not going to play it just because the Dune reboot is coming out.

What @Iron Lurker said. I'm not saying it can't be played (though for the record, I doubt it given it hasn't since '83), just that I don't see why Maiden would perform the song to tie in with the film given the history.
Oh okay, that's sensible. I read too much into what you were saying :facepalm:

According to Amazon Italia, this is how the 10 tracks are split into the 2 CDs. 1-6 in CD1. 7-10 in CD2. Makes sense, lenghtwise.
View attachment 16003
Makes sense to me. Those last three Steve tracks are all very long. I imagine Time machine being a suitable closing track for Disc (or 'disco'? 1), in the same way that TBOS was a good Disc 1 closing track on TBOS the album. Bet anything it has twiddly little acoustic guitar bits in it courtesy of Janick. I hope the length of those three Harrisepics are justified, and the structure of the songs is good, and not a Red-and-the-Black-but-longer attempt to write the Maiden epic to end all Maiden epics. Otherwise Disco 2 could really drag.

As far as a Senjutsu tour setlist….play up to 5-6 tunes from the album. Keep some of the classics such as Trooper, Hallowed, Number of the beast. Add Paschendale back into the set somehow. Drop Iron Maiden(the song), even though I totally understand why they play it every tour. Drop Fear of the Dark for this particular set and add maybe something like Ghost of the Navigator or If Eternity Should Fail.

Reactions: jcv
nah play everything. 25 minutes still left for Trooper Hallowed Number of the Beast and Iron Maiden

The song Senjutsu, i am wondering if H came up with a riff infusing Japanese style scales? I am guessing the song will include some sort of atmospheric intro with perhaps use of classical japanese musical instruments before the maiden riffs kick in. I loved the intro to TBOS with If eternity should fail and so hoping for something similar.

Hey, has anybody preordered yet? If so, which format(s)/editions did you get?
I pre-ordered the super deluxe box set. Now a days i listen to everything on spotify and don't really have use for physical discs but... this is a maiden release and so i needed to order it for my peace of mind :p

Mission accomplished!

It blows my mind that every single member of the "classic line up" from 80s Iron Maiden is still going strong together now in 2021, just with one extra bonus guy in Janick, who himself has been there 31 years.

(Yes I'm aware of the break in the lineup in the 90s)

I also can't believe this six man lineup, my favourite, the one I grew up with since becoming a fan in 2001, turned out to be the longest tenured Maiden lineup

I'm really looking forward to the six man lineups sixth album together

As far as a Senjutsu tour setlist….play up to 5-6 tunes from the album. Keep some of the classics such as Trooper, Hallowed, Number of the beast. Add Paschendale back into the set somehow. Drop Iron Maiden(the song), even though I totally understand why they play it every tour. Drop Fear of the Dark for this particular set and add maybe something like Ghost of the Navigator or If Eternity Should Fail.
People need to give up on the idea of Iron Maiden dropping from the set. It will always be the set closer. It’s still the best song for the big Eddie reveal.

Back