Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

This shit Eddie tshirt is called "back cover" on the official web store so presumable it's on the real album

512010a.jpg
You don't like it?

Album release this year means that they continue the pattern:

DOD-AMOLAD: 3 years
AMOLAD-TFF: 4 years
TFF-TBOS: 5 years
TBOS-Senjutsu: 6 years (the longest gap between albums). I still think they would have released it in 2020.
Next album after 7 years... o_O

This shit Eddie tshirt is called "back cover" on the official web store so presumable it's on the real album
This will be the first back cover with Eddie since the SSOASS album back cover, if I'm not mistaken.

Someone put out this edit earlier. I don't mind the current minimalist approach that they have to the backgrounds since The Book of Souls, but the background games and staring myself blind on them is a factor of me having fallen in love with the art related to Iron Maiden in the first place.
View attachment 15968
Say what you want, but with background is much better. Brutal and rich.

Most of the stuff is available on official store now, prices are no better, in fact they are worse. Silver vinyl not available. Only bundle is red and black vinyl for £90!

I ordered the boxset, the book cd and the red vinyl from EMP, cost €186 euro. And that's the best price.:facepalm::eek:

Someone put out this edit earlier. I don't mind the current minimalist approach that they have to the backgrounds since The Book of Souls, but the background games and staring myself blind on them is a factor of me having fallen in love with the art related to Iron Maiden in the first place.
View attachment 15968
Wow! I do like the original album cover a lot too but that's a really cool edit.

Why do people feel they have the right to edit published art by their supposed favourite artists these days? Respect an artist's creation, for fuck's sake!
This is a really intense response to an edit of some album artwork that isn't (to my knowledge) being used for commercial purposes or being passed off as original.

This said, at least in my case it's Iron Maiden who is my favourite music artist, not whomever is making their covers.
Where does this sense of entitlement come from that you no longer wish to be challenged by a piece of art just because you would have done it differently?
I can only speak for myself but I've never wished to be challenged by the art; I'm here because I like the music. If I don't like how something looks, I don't look at it - I refuse to use the X Factor artwork, for example, because it is just far too much.
What's next, are you going to re-write Shakespeare's sonatas because you don't like his choice of words or add a drum solo to Beethoven's 3rd? If you don't like what an artist does, do and publish your own art, don't go invading someone else's creation!
Neither of the things you just mentioned really feel like that big a deal to me unless the person who does them is trying to pass it off as something more than an edit. Maybe I'm just out of touch.

Apparently the album is being sent out by EMP on...September 3rd. So I won't be getting the album until a few days after the release. Hmm...that's a weird thing to do, if you ask me.

Why do people feel they have the right to edit published art by their supposed favourite artists these days? Respect an artist's creation, for fuck's sake! Where does this sense of entitlement come from that you no longer wish to be challenged by a piece of art just because you would have done it differently? What's next, are you going to re-write Shakespeare's sonatas because you don't like his choice of words or add a drum solo to Beethoven's 3rd? If you don't like what an artist does, do and publish your own art, don't go invading someone else's creation!
It's not something new. People have done it always, making cover versions of songs they love. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. DJ's do it all the time, toring everything apart and building it up again (not that I like it).

As a kid, I played around with my tape recorder a lot (there was not much else to do). Growing older, I liked to mix songs of the bands I cared for, sort of "best of"-tapes, which taught me different angles of music and which bands/songs would fit well together.

I understand your point to some extend. However, I could not bother, if people prefer to split Satellite 15 and The Final Frontier into two parts, cause the first part really annoys me big time.

In terms of The Red And The Black, I would simply stop the song 1 minute earlier, cause - to me - it does not profit from Bruce's "whoaohh" at the end.

I still have the utmost respect for Maiden. And I would die to meet and to get a chance to tell them, what I would have done differently to some of the songs (not that they would care, though). ;)

I’m an oldfashioned straighforward non-collecting guy who prefers to walk into an ordinary store and grab my personal copy of the release and bring it home safely while it burns in my hands and makes my hopes and expectations rise above madness. I wanna hold on to that feeling as long as possible until the music business leaves me with no other choise than to place my orders online. :innocent:

Album release this year means that they continue the pattern:

DOD-AMOLAD: 3 years
AMOLAD-TFF: 4 years
TFF-TBOS: 5 years
TBOS-Senjutsu: 6 years (the longest gap between albums). I still think they would have released it in 2020.
Next album after 7 years... o_O
No.. the cycle resets at 7. So back to 1 year interval next :p..

oh noo here comes the fun police!

Most of the stuff is available on official store now, prices are no better, in fact they are worse. Silver vinyl not available. Only bundle is red and black vinyl for £90!

I ordered the boxset, the book cd and the red vinyl from EMP, cost €186 euro. And that's the best price.:facepalm::eek:

You have to understand they have been living hand to mouth for a couple of years. Even poor Adrian has now to go to Majorca on holidays…

Back