Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

To each their own; I think the second half is the stronger one, and would put 3 of the songs (EOTC, SOTV and TOAC) very high in my personal ranking.

I think parts of songs that bloat them unnecessarily (yes, I'm still mad Satellite 15 wasn't separated from TFF) and hurt that song are more of a concern than entire tracks, which you can skip more easily.
In iTunes I just removed the front off that song. I also removed the intro from The Talisman, made everything good again.

I don't like having the two ballads, TOAC and MOS, but just pick one and remove the other. Then its a perfect album.

I don't really understand when people complain about having too much. Just pick what you like and play that, get rid of the rest. Still an whole album's worth left.

I am hoping that BR will have all songs in animated style like TWOTW.
Since the blu ray is titled The Writing On The Wall I think it's safe to say that, nope. :confused:
Besides, that would cost a substantial amount of money to produce.

Since the blu ray is titled The Writing On The Wall I think it's safe to say that, nope. :confused:
Besides, that would cost a substantial amount of money to produce.

Effectively the budget of a feature length animated movie. TWOTW itself probably cost more than what they will make in sales of this boxset.

I'd be surprised if there isn't anything more than the video and a couple of different audio mixes though.

Ok after one day of Maiden erection my summary:

Pros:
Album name - Great name, finally only one word in name.
Theme, Eddie logo, letters, IM name logo, just beutiful.
Song names, I love these Megadeth/B.Guardian names of songs :)

Cons:
Samurai Eddie - idea is great but like TFF Eddie too much "ugly" I dont know why in reunion era they are forcing that kind of Eddie, also on DOTR, FFTE, NOTD, TFF

I like AMLOAD style of Eddie where he looks more like human.

I hope that Lost in a Lost World is based on literature, about being lost in some ancient world and not metaphorical saying about today's world problems, feeling lost in today's world. That would be so boring and predictable. Steve, please, on this album give us stories to delve into and not philosophical ramblings. Please.

Ok, hello you all here. After a good night sleep (I even had a dream of this Samurai Eddie) Im feeling better now.
Must have been the 2nd vaccine yesterday that me feel so tired, a bit sick actually and empty minded.
Not sure what was but I wasn't at all feeling like I feel normally, that's why I posted that thing here.
I will be gathering my strength and determination, tactics and strategy back soon..as tomorrow the preorders go alive.

Last edited:
I hope that Lost in a Lost World is based on literature, about being lost in some ancient world and not metaphorical saying about today's world problems, feeling lost in today's world. That would be so boring and predictable. Steve, please, on this album give us stories to delve into and not philosophical ramblings. Please.

This is exactly what I thought when I saw that title.

Quite often, Maiden lyrics are only as good as the last thing that the writer read (or watched). Unfortunately, when the last thing Steve read is the latest edition of the Daily Mail, that process can result in some pretty bad lyrics.

I much prefer it when he sticks to literary/mythological/cinematic topics!

View attachment 15939
Found this - this is the Limited Edition Super Deluxe box set.

Looks like the lyrics for Hell on Earth aren't too repetitive!?!

Also looks like the BD is just TWOTW - no documentary.

Source: https://monstermusicsc.com/UPC/4050538698114
Yes... It doesn't. One of the 3 common problems solved. Now if there is no guitar following the vocals and questionable diction because of the speed of the lyrics... We might be in for a treat with Hell On Earth.

Yes and it will be interesting to see how they divide the couple colored vinyl-editions to which stores.
I'm going with the black one. I've had skip and click problems on both an Opeth boxset as well as Metallica's Hardwired. On the Opeth one I could feel the uneven blend with my finger, just where the clicks would be.

I'm going with the black one. I've had skip and click problems on both an Opeth boxset as well as Metallica's Hardwired. On the Opeth one I could feel the uneven blend with my finger, just where the clicks would be.
I have the limited colored edition of "Nights Of The Dead, Legacy Of The Beast: Live in Mexico City" which was perfect. The vinyl quality and it's production is not on par what it used to be, so it's more of gamble nowadays. Luckily I've had mostly great and pristine pressings, but if there were any problems they have been sorted out.

Also... Just a thought... With Bruce saying that he's writing a lot and no activity from the band for 2 years... I really think that it's possible that they might enter the studio in the fall or early next year...

I mean... Bruce said that they are working on getting visas... Why the hell would they do that, since there is almost 10 months until the tour and the regulations will change like 50 times again before that. I think they might record something again soon...

I mean... Bruce said that they are working on getting visas... Why the hell would they do that, since there is almost 10 months until the tour and the regulations will change like 50 times again before that.

Exactly because of this. This will be one of the first major concert tours for a British band post-Covid and post-Brexit. It puts them in a situation they haven't been in before. Better start early to make sure you have everything you need so you won't be turned down trying to enter Sweden mid-tour.

Reactions: Yax
Back