Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

From the sounds of it the title track could either be a bold stylistic change or a Satellite 15-level misfire.
Certain passages evoke Bruce's solo albums, Dave's solo will be great... I think it will be a strong song (like all of Maiden's title tracks).
- the whole song will be a novelty for the band (like ''Darkest Hour'', parts of ''The Time Machine'' and ''The Parchment'' it seems).

And I'm sure the heavy intro will be epic and way better than Satellite 15.

Certain passages evoke Bruce's solo albums, Dave's solo will be great... I think it will be a strong song (like all of Maiden's title tracks).
- the whole song will be a novelty for the band (like ''Darkest Hour'', parts of ''The Time Machine'' and ''The Parchment'' it seems).

And I'm sure the heavy intro will be epic and way better than Satellite 15.
Final Frontier was a strong song? I thought it was the weakest of all from the otherwise perfect album.

Final Frontier was a strong song? I thought it was the weakest of all from the otherwise perfect album.
I think it’s really good on En Vivo, but album version is a bit stiff. The intro is absolutely rubbish IMHO. At least play it instead of use a crappy demo that sounds absolute shite :)

If the drums that opened the "in the studio" videos are from the opening of Senjutsu, it's probably going to sound better than Satellite 15.

I've always belived that the "in the studio" video drum is the same what we will hear at the start of the album.
Somehow I got Sepultura's Arise to my mind when first heard the video drums..anybody else?

I've always belived that the "in the studio" video drum is the same what we will hear at the start of the album.
Somehow I got Sepultura's Arise to my mind when first heard the video drums..anybody else?
It is indeed the intro to the album and song. Good for you that it reminded you of Sep cause it reminded me of the Predator noises. mixed feelings about that. Hopefully it would be there for a few seconds

Dave's Solo on The Man Who Would Be King is one of my favourite cuts from post-reunion Maiden so i'm very excited about this
It's not one of my favorite solos, tbh. Hope the one in ''The Time Machine'' will be better.
Final Frontier was a strong song?
For me, yes (without S15 though). Not as strong as the other title tracks, but still quite good.
I’m really hoping Senjutsu doesn’t follow on.
You can hear in the promo videos (the sound with the drums) that this intro will be epic, great and better. Besides, I think it will be 1-2 minutes long (not 4 and a half!), so this automatically makes it better imo.

Satellite 15 is not a bad intro (it fits the atmosphere of the song), but it is too long. I like the drums. This intro was a demo from Adrian - strange choice.

It is indeed the intro to the album and song. Good for you that it reminded you of Sep cause it reminded me of the Predator noises. mixed feelings about that. Hopefully it would be there for a few seconds
Predator too..dunno somehow I got that Arise feeling. Im really looking forward to first spin and the feelings it brings me.

I think it’s really good on En Vivo, but album version is a bit stiff. The intro is absolutely rubbish IMHO. At least play it instead of use a crappy demo that sounds absolute shite :)
A song with a chorus like that, and no third chorus or a bridge can't be considered more than just normal.

To all of you who listened to The Book of Souls back when it came out: what were you thinking when you first heard the album?

To all of you who listened to The Book of Souls back when it came out: what were you thinking when you first heard the album?
The beginning of IESF sent shivers down my spine. I was 15 by then and it was the first Maiden album released after I became a fan, so it holds a special place for me. I wasn't even at home when I first heard it and it was a leak as well, but it didn't matter, it felt glorious. I was blown away by the album overall and had a lot of fun listening to it. While my opinion on TBOS gone down a lot since then (I felt it was borderline top 5 then), I still think it's a really fun album to listen to. It doesn't grab me like some others do or have many memorable moments, but it's such a fun ride to listen to it. The TBOS tour was also the first and only time I saw Maiden live, since I live in a not very known city in Brazil and far from Sao Paulo and Rio, after thinking I'd never have the chance to because of Bruce's cancer. I kindly remember all of that. The wait for Senjutsu takes me back and makes me feel 15 again.

Last edited:
A song with a chorus like that, and no third chorus or a bridge can't be considered more than just normal.
Far from a masterpiece (haven’t said it was either), but I like the live version and it’s energy. The album version is a bit stiff and dull. Standard rock song with a really weird intro that punches above its weight live.

Back