Scorpions

Just finished seeing Uli Jon Roth; Holy shit he can play that guitar! During the first set, he introduced almost every song. I like that because most of the 1st set was Electric Sun songs I just started getting into last week. Really enjoyed the song he played by his brother Zeno.

His band also consisted of 2 more guitarists (1 of which is an excellent singer!); there were several songs that ended with a 3 part harmony on guitar that sounded good. The 2nd set, with the exception of a 10 minute acoustic intro, was almost all Scorpions with little talking in between.

Cool visuals on the video screen behind the band throughout the show. Before the 1st set, it showed different lp covers UJR has performed on but during the intermission it showed photos of him through the 70s & 80s. Definitely recommend catching this band live!

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/uli-jon-roth/2019/trees-dallas-tx-2b90ec76.html

A fairly recent interview with Matthias, main things to note is they have been writing for a potential new album and they have been working on an 80s Medley for rarer songs from their most popular era. Which excites me about the potential of Another Piece Of Meat, Coming Home, Can't Get Enough, Dynamite and China White/Animal Magnetism getting some play in some form.

A fairly recent interview with Matthias, main things to note is they have been writing for a potential new album and they have been working on an 80s Medley for rarer songs from their most popular era. Which excites me about the potential of Another Piece Of Meat, Coming Home, Can't Get Enough, Dynamite and China White/Animal Magnetism getting some play in some form.

Funnily enough, I have only seen Scorpions live once (in 2006) and they played several of those songs (Coming Home, Can’t Get Enough and Another Piece of Meat). :)

Funnily enough, I have only seen Scorpions live once (in 2006) and they played several of those songs (Coming Home, Can’t Get Enough and Another Piece of Meat). :)
I’m very envious, last time I saw them they had been playing the first two of those in Europe but dropped them when they came to NA...

I've only seen The Scorpions once, back in 1985 supporting Deep Purple at Knebworth (a 1 day festival, along with Meat Loaf, UFO, Blackfoot, Mountain, Mamas Boys and Alaska).

They blew me away but I have never seen them since. The set list was amazing!

Check out this page for the whole festival (my very first festival, even before Donington)

I've only seen The Scorpions once, back in 1985 supporting Deep Purple at Knebworth (a 1 day festival, along with Meat Loaf, UFO, Blackfoot, Mountain, Mamas Boys and Alaska).

Check out this page for the whole festival (my very first festival, even before Donington)
Saw them in 2015 and 2017, amazing show both times although they are slowing down slightly, I’m 100% buying the tickets when they announce ta NA tour

Mikkey Dee is a hell of drummer, would've liked to see him go back to King Diamond though. Recently been listening to some Scorpions in the form of Taken by Force from 1977 I think. I especially love Riot of Your Time. Where should I go next?

That is some line up.

Gave Fly To The Rainbow a spin today, I forgot how eclectic the album was. Although I cannot help but feel Is There Anybody There? Would actually fit quite well here there is some more relaxed reggae style tracks on the album making that "misstep" feel a little less out of place in their catalog

A powerful, hard edged Scorps album? HELL YES! Here's hoping for another Alien Nation and/or Dynamite type song.

And the brotherly feud continues.

When I saw Michael last year every time he played a Scorpions track he had to say how Rudolf stole part of it from him... frankly Rudolf has played some amazing tracks over the years and has done some great solos, no he isn't Michael but he still is a reliable rhythm guitarist

Back