Satellite 15 . . . The Final Frontier: Video Impressions Here

I like it a lot, it's lightyears better than the crappy ElDorado. I got a kick out of the Icarus reference too. The solos are excellent. Sounds like Adrian (and maybe a decent one from Janick or is that Adrian too?).

The verses are cool and unique. I feel like with this decent video, it might even get as much airplay as Metallica's last single did. Don't know what else to say, except I like it!

Edit: Oh yeah, Eddie is still cheesily digital...

Edit again: Oh yeah, Eddie you retard, you blew up the planet anyway!

I’m stuck in this place I'm stranded in space,
I’m lost with no trace
I Haven’t a chance of getting away
To close to the sun
I surely will burn
Like Icarus before me

____________________ (can’t make out any of this line)
I’ve taken my life
Reliving the past
_________________ (can’t make out)   [something] wait till my time comes
I’ve had a good life
I’d do it again
Maybe I could ________ (can’t hear the end)

For I have lived my life to the full
I have no regrets
But I wish I could talk to my family
To tell them one last goodbye

The final frontier
The final frontier
The Final frontier
The final frontier

If I could survive
To live one more time
I wouldn’t be changing a thing at all
To mourn my life (doesn’t sound right)
_______________________ (another line I just can’t hear)
I’d go back and do it all over again

I have no regrets

The final frontier
The final frontier
The Final frontier
The final frontier

Guitar Solos: Don’t ask me who. Both sound pretty good though.

There isn’t much time
Must say my last rights
Nobody is hear to read them to me
Must say my goodbyes
If only a line
A message to tell them in case they might find

I have no regrets

Chorus x 3

Thanks for doing this!

I think the first is H and the second is Dave. Almost certain about the second.

The lyrics are very much in the same vein as Wildest Dreams, except they're in the past tense, looking back. The same old "live your life to the full". And I think it sounds like Bruce is holding himself back.

Still, I won't even try to judge the song until I hear the album version in August.

Solos are definitely Adrian, then Dave. The song (or at least this version of it) is a bit dissapointing though. Like the verse and the solos, but the bridge and the chorus are quite sub-par. The riffs are pretty ordinary, no guitar melodies. Gave it 2-3 spins now and it really gave me about the same feel as The New Frontier or Gates Of Tomorrow off of DoD, which are more or less fillers.

Speaking of the vocals, Bruce has been singing in a more relaxed fashion for a few years now, which is ok as long as there's a certain degree of creativity which I think this song lacks. One thing that seems to be persistent however is that the band are now arranging the songs with the intention of playing them live the same way they sound on the disc. No layered backing vocals as we hear on Can I Play With Madness, Aces High or The Prisoner. Simply because they don't sound the same on stage. I miss these arrangements. Last time the band did a nice vocal harmony was the bridge in Wicker Man. Since then it's been mostly octaves or no backing vocals at all.

First solo is H, second is Janick, last is Dave, I'm pretty sure about it.

The clip itslef was nice, but who cares about that anyway.
The song: Feels edited. Great overall feel, but it's way too short in this version and feels unnatural.
Still hoping for the best, but El Dorado is much better than this part of the song.

You guys are nuts.

And Mega, I don't think there's three solos, just two (Adrian and Dave).

Edit: I'd just like to reiterate that ElDorado is a crapfest in comparison, and also, does anybody else wonder why this is called "The Director's Cut"?

Lyrically refreshing in my opinion. I like that they're taking a break from war and religion. Less heavy (emotionally)  

Musically it could be a lot worse. Not a musician or someone who knows music theory. So all I can say is I don't hate it and I find it fairly catchy.

The thing "missing" here is over 4 (nearly 5) mintues of the song.  ;)

Clocking in at 8:40 (the time that's been reported previously anyhow), the video is just over 5 minutes and the song doesn't start until nearly 1 minute in.  That's better than half the song missing.

Private Benjamin Breeg said:
The thing "missing" here is over 4 mintues of the song.  ;)

Clocking in at 8:40 (the time that's been reported previously anyhow), the video is just over 5 minutes and the song doesn't start until nearly 1 minute in.  That's better than half the song missing.
It also finishes about 20secs before the end too.

Suicidehummer said:
And Mega, I don't think there's three solos, just two (Adrian and Dave).

Hmm, Maybe. If so, the second one is half the first one in length.

Private Benjamin Breeg said:
The thing "missing" here is over 4 mintues of the song.  ;)

Clocking in at 8:40 (the time that's been reported previously anyhow), the video is just over 5 minutes and the song doesn't start until nearly 1 minute in.  That's better than half the song missing.

Yeah but according to one of the French reviews, the first 3 minutes is an instrumental, before it comes to a full stop then it becomes heavy. So we pretty much heard the song, minus the instrumental intro.  

Satellite 15 . . . The Final Frontier is described as two songs.  Satellite 15 (instrumental) then Final Frontier (what we heard)

Jonszat said:
It also finishes about 20secs before the end too.

Good point!
mozzle said:
Yeah but according to one of the French reviews, the first 3 minutes is an instrumental, before it comes to a full stop then it becomes heavy. So we pretty much heard the song, minus the instrumental intro.   

Still it's all part of the canvas, like the instrumental breakdown in Rime...say. 

I'm a huge maiden fan, and after I've heard El Dorado I though it could be a nice album, but guitar parts are too simple! Maiden has 3 guitar players for over ten years now and on this song, and a little less on el dorado, it sounds like they have only one ! everything is just too plain, too simple... Where's the creativity gone?

I feel sad for them...

Boca said:
I'm a huge maiden fan, and after I've heard El Dorado I though it could be a nice album, but guitar parts are too simple! Maiden has 3 guitar players for over ten years now and on this song, and a little less on el dorado, it sounds like they have only one ! everything is just too plain, too simple... Where's the creativity gone?

I feel sad for them...

I can't hear 3 guitars in this song, but then again I've never been really good at hearing each guitar in a song. Come to think of it, It's hard for me to even hear 2 at times in this song. To me though, that doesn't make it bad, it still sounds good. I'm not a musician though, so I guess ignorance is bliss.

Boca: Simple is not bad! Revelations had a simple riff but it's one of their most powerful.

Also, doesn't the chorus sound like Bruce is singing "The Battle Frontier"?

Back