Sabaton

Controversial opinion: What elevates this conflict above all others? Would you be this critical if they, say wrote a song about the Cenepa War and played it in Peru?

That may be their honest opinion. Again, you are postulating an objective truth.

I apologise if that came across harsher than it was intended.

No prob mate.

But I am sure you know the guy who is forming my opinion. I am doing that. I have certain ideas about Israel. I think you know well what I think about the policies of this country. I have often raved against their (imo) disproportionate behaviour. Israel is sometimes to me what the Catholic Church may be to you and Loosy: a red lap for a bull. ;)

OK, if we can keep that premise in mind, we won't jump at each others throats. :)

But you bring up a fair point about any recent/ongoing conflicts... what's the difference. Well, I guess -to judge this well- we need to try to understand the conflict as well as we can before we can conclude anything. What was the impact, what are the controversial aspects...
I never heard of the Cenepa War (or I don't remember it!): thank you. :)

Admittedly, the Cenepa War was a bagatelle compared to the ongoing Mideast conflict, and in the field of human conflict in general. My point is only that the Mideast conflict gets way too much exposure, and I think that the exposure is part of what fuels it. It's a territory half the size of The Netherlands, and a few million people can't agree how to share it? BS. The way I see it, neither side wants peace. That's why I don't really care whose feelings get hurt there, and why I stopped being attached to it.

I just don't see the difference between this and a song like Screaming Eagles, Attero Dominatus or Firestorm. I guess coming from a country that notoriously lost wars it started helps with that.

Speaking about that country, I'll be driving to Krakow next morning (two days driving)
... first day:
To the glow of Dresden, blood and tears.

You'll love Dresden. The effort put in rebuilding it is tremendous.

We've been there before but waaaay too quickly (also just driving through from Königstein to home) and now we will spend the night in a motel, if there's time (and energy ;-) we'll make a short walk.

What was that about hearing other bands in Sabaton? Can you hear Sabaton in other bands?

Back