Sabaton

That's not real bagpipes. The skirl is too consistent.

I...that's just horrible. I still find myself tapping my foot along with the beat, but there's something just too happy about it.

Yeah, that's not a good song. Like at all. I liked The Lost Battalion, but this is just cheesy on an uncomprehensible scale.

However, the snippet of another song at the end of that video is still holding my interest for the release of this album.

On just a second listen, I all of a sudden find myself loving this. Go figure.
Yeah, that's not a good song. Like at all. I liked The Lost Battalion, but this is just cheesy on an uncomprehensible scale.

However, the snippet of another song at the end of that video is still holding my interest for the release of this album.
That snippet is the same as the one on the end of The Last Battalion.

Last edited:
I don't like either songs so far. I have a feeling this album will be a major disappointment.

I guess the most biting question regarding the new tracks is... Can you hear Sabaton in Sabaton?

Ah, the trademark lyrical quirks of famous bands. Just like Hetfield's favourite rhyme "Brain-Pain-Insane" or Dream Theater confusing "conscience" with "consciousness"...

Yes, definitely. I can't think of another band that would rhyme 'revolution' with 'revolution'.

I know there's a Dio song that rhymes it with 'evolution', can't think of which one right now, though.

NEW SABATON! It's in a major key. It has a hammond solo.

My mind is not made up yet.

The opening of the song is cool as a teaser, but I'm in line with the consensus here. Not a good song. The solo section is cool enough. But ...

There's a border of lyrical simplicity and silliness that even Sabaton should not cross

This.

Also, the song has a very poppy vibe, it doesn't fit the band.

I don't consider Sabaton's lyrics and sound to be cheesy or happy. Like I said, they're what I call dark power metal. I feel that their sound and style go perfect with what they sing about.

Back