Sabaton

I can't believe I just noticed that there's going to be a cover of Afraid To Shoot Strangers! It's going to be quite interesting to hear a Maiden song done Sabaton style.

Just got done listening to all but the 3 songs that have already been released. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. It's nothing but the classic Sabaton sound we have all come to know and love. The chorus in The Last Battle is one of the best I've heard from this band. They do a damn good job on All Guns Blazing as well. Can't wait to hear the Maiden cover.

Just got done listening to all but the 3 songs that have already been released. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed. It's nothing but the classic Sabaton sound we have all come to know and love. The chorus in The Last Battle is one of the best I've heard from this band. They do a damn good job on All Guns Blazing as well. Can't wait to hear the Maiden cover.
So how does the rest of the album compare to the the singles that were released already. If everything else is worse than Bannockburn than I won't be listening at all!

So how does the rest of the album compare to the the singles that were released already. If everything else is worse than Bannockburn than I won't be listening at all!
It's all definitely better than Bannockburn and is Sabaton's traditional sound that we've all enjoyed over the years. I saw you say that Shiroyama was the best one and if you liked that, you'll definitely like the rest.

They have a song called Bannockburn? :blink:
Blood of Bannockburn. Do not listen to it, it's absolutely atrocious. It's worse than The Apparition!

It's all definitely better than Bannockburn and is Sabaton's traditional sound that we've all enjoyed over the years. I saw you say that Shiroyama was the best one and if you liked that, you'll definitely like the rest.
That's good to hear, and yeah Shiroyama was definitely the best single so far! I might just go order the album on Amazon right now!

Not bad. They managed to stop any leaks until just two days before release. I'm waiting for tomorrow for the masterpiece that will be Camouflage. :D

The album is actually quite good. It does not hit me as hard as Heroes did, but there's also no song as terrible as Ballad of Bull on Heroes (though some may think Bannockburn a candidate). Some really incredibly powerful songs all around. Nothing groundbreaking of course, but I'd say it's possibly more varied than Heroes. There's also a couple moments that pull out those Eastern-tinged melodies we used to hear all the time on Primo Victoria and Attero Dominatus.

I'm waiting for tomorrow for the masterpiece that will be Camouflage. :D

Camouflage is actually one of the more unique songs on the album, wish it had been included on the actual album. The chorus lyrics are certainly dreadful, though.

It's an enjoyable album, overall. Last Dying Breath ("Soldyers of the Serbian army"), Rorke's Drift, The Last Stand and The Last Battle stick out as the best songs
for me. I would have to agree that the album is a bit too much on the poppy side.

Back