Sabaton

I have no idea how "7734" and "Man Of War" ended up as bonus tracks. They are both great songs!

7734 is a studio track on Metalizer, so if it's a bonus track on Heroes it will either be live or a remix/re-recording.

I've had that album for years ("Metalizer"), so I have no idea how I managed to forget that! I have had a lot on my mind lately though, so I'll just blame it on that... lol

Man Of War definitely is not on any previous Sabaton album though, I am sure of that. :p And it is a great song.

The long arm of Sabaton. That artist wasn't wrong.

resize_1395658522.jpg

Just listened to the bonus tracks, Man of War and 7734. I'm very glad they were left off the album. The former is another cheesy, lame "METAL!" song using Manowar titles. The latter is just pointless. It's virtually identical to the Metalizer version, but with a cleaner production. If anything, it has less energy than the original.

Finally got it and listened to it!

Strongest tracks for me are Night Witches, To Hell and Back (very earwormy), Far-Far-Far From The Fame (haven't they been playing this one live for quite a while now?), and to a lesser degree Resist and Bite and No Bullets Fly. The rest I find a bit generic, and not entirely memorable, although not bad songs. I'm not convinced the mostly-slower ones (Inmate whataverisnumber and Ballad of Bull) work that well.

Finally got it and listened to it!

Strongest tracks for me are Night Witches, To Hell and Back (very earwormy), Far-Far-Far From The Fame (haven't they been playing this one live for quite a while now?), and to a lesser degree Resist and Bite and No Bullets Fly. The rest I find a bit generic, and not entirely memorable, although not bad songs. I'm not convinced the mostly-slower ones (Inmate whataverisnumber and Ballad of Bull) work that well.

Now you can listen to Heroes with the rest of us!

Night Witches has quickly become one my favorite Sabaton songs. Far From the Fame was a Carolus Rex b-side, I believe. I agree with you about Ballad of Bull, but I think Inmate works great. Also, it has 7 string guitars!

If I had to choose between Inmate and Bull I'd go with Inmate, but it still doesn't do a whole lot for me I'm afraid.

Save your seven strings. :p

That's fine, I was just refusing to be impressed. I did see a three-necked bass in action recently, but that's another story for another thread.

I still didn't hear the album. Will try to do that later this day. I did hear Night Witches though. I like the couplets, the solo part and the post-solo bridge. Chorus is simple and repetitive (in tone) but bearable compared to the beginning.

That bang-bang-bang-bang opening is so blatantly hysterical that it's hard to stay serious.

I get these visions when I hear it:

Night Witches. Night Witches?

Bright Sunlight in Arena with 100.000 Spectators for Everybody to see "Have you heard us, here we come, be sure to expect us!" Witches.

Last edited:
But the song is about 588th Night Bomber Regiment. They were called Night Witches by those who witnessed their attacks. What does bright sunlight have to do with the title? Are you suggesting that Joakim should have altered historical facts just to fit the time of day Sabaton will be playing the song live?

I was describing how the song sounds to me. Blatant, visible, so audible and hysterical that night (which helped the purpose of these bombings) is not a circumstance I am hearing. Nor does this sound like precision bombing. This is blunt, full scale attack.

Topic is great, but I don't think the music fits very well (understatement).

Back