Russia invades Ukraine

No need to resort to this. Chomsky's linguistic ideas certainly aren't universally accepted, but he's far from a failed linguistics professor.
It was a joke, about how his contributions were in fact mostly disproven. His views dominated the field for 10 years and then fizzled out when real-world observations in the 70’s proved the core wrong and he hasn’t really come up with anything since.

Last edited:
I liked Perun’s post and agreed with many points. Yes Chomsky is not perfect but I do not doubt his integrity,

However for the Russia that wouldn’t negotiate it’s not my impression. My understanding is that US were holding off the negotiations until now, latest example being the 12 points from China that Biden immediately discarded saying something like if Putin likes it then it’s bad. I mean seriously? And I’m not aware of any West plan for negotiation, all I hear is Russia can’t win, this is not a base for negotiation which is both parties should loose /compromise something, basically.

At least the reaction after Xi -Zelensky phone call was more proper than Biden’s in February.
This may change from now on and I hope so and I’m open if I missed any other evidence for otherwise.

It was a joke, about how his contributions were in fact mostly disproven. His views dominated the field for 10 years and then fizzled out when real-world observations in the 70’s proved the core wrong and he hasn’t really come up with anything since.

Completely understand, I just felt it was a bit unfair. His contribution to linguistics was significant, even if it tends to be overrated.

I liked Perun’s post and agreed with many points. Yes Chomsky is not perfect but I do not doubt his integrity,

I absolutely don't doubt his integrity, I am certain that he believes everything he says. Just, like most intellectuals, with age he no longer reviews his argumentative and interpretative patterns as much as he should to keep up to date. "Chomsky says" has a different value today than it had in, say, 1983.

Reactions: Yax

So, if this is true, - and with high possibility it is - this very well proves that putin is not shaheed but has mafia boss mindset. He wants to live his luxury life and he will not use nuclear weapons. The West must forget completely that bullshitty 'we must avoid escalation at any cost' and give Ukraine long range weapons now. War will be over much quicker.

Last edited:

So, if this is true, - and with high possibility it is - this very well proves that putin is not shaheed but has mafia boss mindset. He wants to live his luxury life and he will not use nuclear weapons. The West must forget completely that bullshitty 'we must avoid escalation at any cost' and give Ukraine long range weapons now. War will be over much quicker.
Living in a dream world if you think this is true

This may be true. We will see. I confess, I did not checked this info's reliability. In this case I trusted Andrei Piontkovsky - who is pro Ukraine, russian exile in Washington.
Offtopic: I have strong feeling that many Westerners greatly overestimate Russia. Greatly.

Breaking: Drone attack at Kremlin @Azas :D

I doubt it, on the basis of it would have been exceedingly stupid on Ukraine's part. So either a rogue group, or a Russian propaganda operation.

No way. Too damaging for their prestige. And it's not that they are searching excuses to attack either in this moment.
No, but they are having trouble with their recruitments, since they have already sustained heavy losses and many have left the country. The more support they can drum up, the better for them. They are talking about it for a reason. In their propaganda, Russia is defending itself, and a thwarted attack on Putin? That's gold.

Last edited:
I doubt, it's Ukrainians. More likely, ruzzian spiders began to eat ruzzian spiders. A fight amongst different rashists circles.
edit: or false flag propaganda operation by rashists.
edit2: Zelensky already rejected Ukraine's involvement in drone attack on kremlin.

Last edited:
Regarding drone attack: putin now has justifiable reason to cancel military parade on 9th of May. It will be not so shameful in the eyes of his supporters.

Reactions: Yax
I wouldn't blame Ukraine for taking a swing at Vlad, but this is more likely to be Russian propaganda. If it was Ukraine, my only comment is that I'm sorry they missed.

I wouldn't blame Ukraine for taking a swing at Vlad, but this is more likely to be Russian propaganda. If it was Ukraine, my only comment is that I'm sorry they missed.

It’s probably not. Ukraine announced issuance of a postage stamp about that.

In the meantime it seems we are reaching another turning point of the war: Wagner to leave Bakhmut on May 10th. Here’s a video that leaves no doubts.

Unbelievable. Now he changed his mind. And he'll get his ammunition.
I don't understand how during war one can make such a public video and get away with it. In other countries that could lead to his execution. Or at the very least his immediate removal. Instead they are giving him more ammo. Go figure.

"Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of the Wagner mercenary group, has apparently backtracked on a threat to pull his forces from the eastern Ukrainian city of Bakhmut after being promised more ammunition."

Don't hold your breath just yet. It doesn't seem to be the offensive everyone's expected. I bet it's rather a counter attack led by Syrsky who proudly stays in the field and leads the people there.

Back