Russia invades Ukraine

Yeah, it obviously isn't going as well as Putin had hoped.

At the same time he's once again warning Sweden and Finland, to not join NATO.

2-3 days is when everything will be seen.

Well you should. The Finns are directly bordering them. You're also near their North Fleet which is one of the strongest fleets in the world.

Putin urges ukranian forces to remove the government from office, in order to make any bilateral talks productive.

Yeah, it obviously isn't going as well as Putin had hoped.

At the same time he's once again warning Sweden and Finland, to not join NATO.
By saying that, he pushes those countries directly into NATO. He's out of his mind.

We really, really should join NATO. There's even a parliament majority, but it's a government decision, who are opposed (minority government).

By saying that, he pushes those counties directly into NATO. He's completely delusional.
Finland, maybe. Sweden has been going with its delusional "neutrality" policy for deccades and decades and still officially swears by it (we're still NATO partners, but that doesn't mean much in the end). The government won't enter into it I think, but had the opposition been in control we probably would.

And we really should.

I can't, I'm stressed out. I want to follow what's happening but the more I do the more sick I feel because there is absolutely nothing else one can do.

If I come here, and I come here 350 days a year, I have to be ignoring this thread in order not to click on it and if I click then I'll be off on reddit or somewhere else where there's absolute full coverage and then rest of my day is fucked.

See, countries don't have emphaty after all, only people do. So while we're fighting here what NATO is or isn't or what it should or shouldn't do, they entirely, as in alliances,countries, entirely see the world through objectives and goals. And when some of that falls flat they revert to some other plan, some other contingency while we're left to doom and gloom and personal processing of what the fuck just happened.

President of Ukraine and leadership, seem, I'm not familiar with them much, but they seem like people's people, distanced from the realpolitik. And they made a mistake thinking their new friends are just that. Now they're left alone.

I've never seen you post something like this. I didn't expect it would affect you this much.

Putin urges Ukrainian military people to overthrow its government. It looks like his blitzkrieg going not so well. :applause:

Last edited:
One more down. Cameraman speaks: " Biscuits... Look at our "brothers", those bitches, they brought us "russian mir (world/peace)". In the distance seen tank of Ukrainian forces.

Last edited:
Also Putin:

"I demand that Ukrainian army takes over Kiev and displaces Zelenski."

So basically, it seems that he is doing, what I thought he is. At the moment he is trying to make Ukrainian army turn on their goverment and displace Zelenski (unlikely to happen). After that, he will hold Kiev under siege until he either captures or makes Zelenski to step down; likely for quite some time. After Zelenski is gone, he will start negotiating with Kiev still under siege. Probably things he will demand, the chief 2 are Donetsk and Lugansk becoming a part of Russia and a permanent ban of Ukraine joining Nato.

Putin has learned from those whose name he uses to smear his opponents. He lies as blatantly as Goebbels and expects to be taken seriously.

Asking Ukrainian officers to commit mutiny ... telling other countries to keep out of NATO while at the same time giving them every reason to join.

Wow... Actor Sean Penn is/was with Zelensky, he makes a documentary about russian invasion. Meanwhile Emir Custurica, licks Putins a**

I mean, six in one day would be really wild. It's probable propaganda, especially when you consider air-to-air claims are historically exaggerated by significant amounts. Nonetheless, it does seem from non-government reporting that the Ukrainian's air defence capacity is stronger than Russia expected.

But Russia continues to push for Kyiv, and if they take the airport (which they claim to have done) and can establish air superiority over the north of the country, Kyiv will be in grave danger.

As a European citizen I feel that EU has failed to Ukraine and this shows how weak we are. Putin knew this.
There's a chance for Europe to redeem themselves. Open Lend-Lease of guns to Ukraine. Now. Ukrainians defending their country. They fight for democratic values. Give them guns.

Back