Rush Survivor Finished: Red Barchetta wins!

satisfied with results?

• yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • no

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Now that I think of it, I may prefer it to Cygnus X-1 by a hair. Oh well, I'll end up voting for both next round anyway.

I already pled my case for Bravado, but I feel nearly as bad for the Analog Kid.
At 14, I think I was the Analog Kid.
Signals was among my earliest album love affairs. I played the shit out of that song and I have never tired of it.
I'm not even going to try to explain why it's great. Who can explain young love?
Add The Trees and YYZ to my list of sacrilegious votes

At this point in the game, pretty much every song is 5 stars from me, Analog Kid included. I prefer the other two Signals songs.

Probably already mentioned this, but I had a big dislike for Signals at first. Only recently do I think of it as one of the best 80's albums.

1. 2112 (the first parts are great but as a whole song I don't find it strong enough to continue; too many less intriguing parts; overrated. Cygnus is a better example of how it should be done)
  2. The Spirit of Radio (I don't like the overly joyful vocal melody; sure it fits to the topic, but it's too much hallalujah for me -yahoo let's go to Disney Land everybody!- also I find that some musical parts are unnecessarily repeated too often)
  3. Distant Early Warning (explained thoroughly)
  4. Between the Wheels (doesn't have the melodic brilliance of Red Sector; the repetitions don't help much either)
  5. Between Sun and Moon (I don't get why this came so far; certainly one of the dullest and most monotone songs from the album)
  6. Headlong Flight (not bad, but not as great as many others left in this survivor, and certainly not as good as the title track and The Anarchist)
  7. The Garden (a strong song actually, but I have to make choices and I find the others I didn't vote for better)

You know, when I look at 2112 for this game I'm thinking Overture/Temples of Syrinx and voting accordingly.
I agree that, as a whole, it is overrated.

The Spirit of Radio may be Rush's Run to the Hills in terms of overplay, but it is a better song.
I like the joyful melody.

I think 2112 is great, I love the imagery with it.

Spirit Of Radio does tend to get overplayed, but I enjoy it every time. It is a fun song.

Looks like The Anarchist is already in the danger zone. Sheesh.
Come on guys, play Between the Wheels and play The Anarchist right after it and the choice isn't that hard.

Looks like The Anarchist is already in the danger zone. Sheesh.
Come on guys, play Between the Wheels and play The Anarchist right after it and the choice isn't that hard.
Did this, prefer Wheels, sorry.

Eliminated:
Middletown Dreams - 3 votes
Between Sun And Moon - 3 votes
Headlong Flight - 4 votes
The Garden - 3 votes

Eliminated:
The Garden - 3 votes

Well, there goes my favorite Clockwork Angels song.

I relistened to Between the Wheels, and as sick of it as I am, it really is a fantastic song. I think I'll leave it be for some more rounds. Also, I forgot to ask awhile back, but what happened to Mystic Rhythms?

Cygnus X-1
The Anarchist
Losing It

I still don't get why nobody absolutely adores Movement III of 2112. All the movements are a least good and mostly excellent, but Movement III is just so perfect. :p

Well, there goes my favorite Clockwork Angels song.

I relistened to Between the Wheels, and as sick of it as I am, it really is a fantastic song. I think I'll leave it be for some more rounds. Also, I forgot to ask awhile back, but what happened to Mystic Rhythms?

Cygnus X-1
The Anarchist
Losing It

I still don't get why nobody absolutely adores Movement III of 2112. All the movements are a least good and mostly excellent, but Movement III is just so perfect. :p
Agreed about The Garden, didn't think it would go so early.
Mystic Rhythms did not survive, though it had a good run
Movement III of 2112 kicks ass.

Back