Rush Survivor Finished: Red Barchetta wins!

satisfied with results?

• yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • no

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Eliminated:
Driven - 3 votes
Resist - 5 votes
Limbo - 5 votes

Virtuality is promoted to quarterfinals and Test For Echo to semifinals.

Vapor Trails has joined the battle!

This will be a tough one. I have no clear-cut favourite and no absolute dogs (years).
I'm pretty sure I won't be wanting Stars Look Down, How It Is, Sweet Miracle or Freeze to advance.
So let's start there.

This will be a tough one. I have no clear-cut favourite and no absolute dogs (years).
Same.

Vapor Trails is an interesting album. Nothing too terrible, yet nothing very good. The production truly ruins it. The energy is there and nice ideas are present in the songs, but they tend to drag, the songs feel a lot longer than they actually are. It's an exhausting album, and I never go out of my way to listen to it. Not as bad as Test For Echo, but it's not far off.

The Stars Look Down
How It Is
Sweet Miracle
Nocturne
Freeze

Funny how we both comment on the even nature of the album, then pick virtually the same cuts.
It is an interesting album. And the circumstances under which it was recorded are remarkable.
Bringing Neil properly back into the fold sounded like it resembled a rescue mission on thin ice.
Foro called VT repetitive on the last thread. I disagree. I don't think there is too much of the same thing going on, there's just too much going on, period.
It's a bit overwhelming, or as you put it so well — exhausting.
But there is also a lot to appreciate, particularly if you digest a song at a time. It's got a lot of good (not great) songs and some of Neil's finest lyrics, as depressing as they can be.
I think if someone got ahold of the masters and dialed them back to the spare clarity of Moving Pictures we'd think a lot more of it.
Even as it is, I am a fan.

Funny how we both comment on the even nature of the album, then pick virtually the same cuts.
Yea, I picked what I thought were the most forgettable tunes. Sweet Miracle and Freeze are particularly weak.

It is an interesting album. And the circumstances under which it was recorded are remarkable.
Bringing Neil properly back into the fold sounded like it resembled a rescue mission on thin ice.
Foro called VT repetitive on the last thread. I disagree. I don't think there is too much of the same thing going on, there's just too much going on, period.
It's a bit overwhelming, or as you put it so well — exhausting.
But there is also a lot to appreciate, particularly if you digest a song at a time. It's got a lot of good (not great) songs and some of Neil's finest lyrics, as depressing as they can be.
I think if someone got ahold of the masters and dialed them back to the spare clarity of Moving Pictures we'd think a lot more of it.
Even as it is, I am a fan.
Agreed with all of this. There was talk about a remaster of the album a year or so ago, I really hope this happens soon. Production really keeps me away from the album.

I don't really care about this album. It was a major disappointment when it came out. I remember I like one or two songs, and I'll try to find out which they are, but there's no rush.

Foro, you're always pleading with us to give certain songs a fair chance.
I'd encourage you to the same with this album — but no more than three or four songs at a time.

I heard the whole album today, for the first time since the time it came out. Funnily enough I like the 2nd half (title track included) better than the first.
  1. One Little Victory
  2. Ceiling Unlimited
  3. Peaceable Kingdom
  4. The Stars Look Down
  5. How It Is
  6. Freeze
  7. Out Of The Cradle

Peaceable Kingdom
The Stars Look Down
How It Is
Secret Touch
Earthshine
Sweet Miracle
Nocturne
Freeze
Out Of The Cradle

Eliminated:
The Stars Look Down - 4 votes
How It Is - 4 votes
Sweet Miracle - 4 votes
Nocturne - 3 votes
Freeze - 5 votes

I found both to be quite forgettable. Earthshine wasn't too bad I suppose.

Back