Rush Survivor Finished: Red Barchetta wins!

satisfied with results?

• yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • no

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Can't agree with that Dog Years statement. The chorus itself is not that good but I like the upbeat tempo in the couplets (resembled more than once on the Clockwork Angels) album. Very cool guitar riffs, also in the second part (pre-chorus).

Can't agree with that Dog Years statement. The chorus itself is not that good but I like the upbeat tempo in the couplets (resembled more than once on the Clockwork Angels) album. Very cool guitar riffs, also in the second part (pre-chorus).
Not sure exactly what it is, probably the awkward lyrics. The song makes me feel like a good friend made an extremely inappropriate remark while making a speech at a wedding.
BTW, I'm trying to pull together a Rush ranking while playing this game.

Not sure exactly what it is, probably the awkward lyrics. The song makes me feel like a good friend made an extremely inappropriate remark while making a speech at a wedding.
That's a great way to put it.

The whole song is just bad. One of the worst Rush songs. Time and Motion is up there too.

Dog Years. A very energetic song, certainly less tedious than some I heard on previous albums. I am not that bothered much by the lyrics but that's probably because I didn't care (yet). To be frank, I never paid much attention to this album (have it laying around here for years) but this survivor urges me to give the songs a quick listen. In order to collect the impressions of all these relatively unknown songs as well as I can, as quick as possible, it's easier to leave out the lyrical aspect. It also helps that English is not my first language.

Time and Motion is an adventurous song with a certain heaviness to it, edged by a touch of darkness. The strange rhythm certainly makes it more compelling. Later, the heaviness is combined with light jazzy parts, accompanied by mysterious guitar sounds. This is absolutely not one of the worst songs. On the contrary, I find it one of the more original ones.

Good luck with the ranking mckindog! It will be a huge list! :)

Hadn't expected that Driven would get two votes, in this early stage. Love the way the drums change when the last minute starts. The riffs stay the same, but Peart changes it into uptempo rock. Gotta love Lee's bass playing as well. :rocker:

I'm with Foro on Time and Motion.
I don't find it particularly catchy, but it is interesting. Somewhere in the middle of the album for me.
Driven is one of the better tracks. I just don't think it deserves to be anywhere near the playoffs.
I'd say the same for every song on this one except Test for Echo.

Test for Echo could have been cut a few minutes shorter, I think. Great first half, but later it gets more repetitive.

Agreed.

I don't really like any song on this album. I'll vote for whatever gets promoted as soon as they reappear. I'm starting to think that this would probably be my least favorite Rush album overall.

Vapor Trails is definitely the other contender for worst album, but even that had some good songs. I particularly like Secret Touch.

I like Vapour Trails and I'd take it over the synth albums.
It's just waaaayyyyy too densely produced.

It is both repetitive and densely produced. The production really makes it hard to enjoy the album

Eliminated:
Half The World - 4 votes
The Color of Right - 4 votes
Time and Motion - 3 votes
Totem - 5 votes
Dog Years - 4 votes
Carve Away The Stone - 5 votes

Sorry about putting Losing It twice

Back