RUN FOR YOUR LIVES WORLD TOUR (2025/2026)

I think you are missing the point. Accept are celebrating their anniversary and even though their best known material is from the 80s, they are not just restricting themselves to playing just that. One could argue that they are merely the Wolf Hoffmann band these days and keen to disassociate themselves from the glory they enjoyed when Udo was the singer, but that is a different story to the one we are discussing here.

For what is worth, I am not too keen on Maiden’s choice for the 50th anniversary tour and would have preferred some post-reunion material in the set, but I am sure my daughter will have a blast seeing them play their best-known material. It also saves me having to explain why most songs have a slow intro and a slow outro!

No I understand the point alright, but when you are trying to get a crowd into much smaller venues it gives you a bit more freedom to be less "crowd pleasing" then when you are Maiden aiming to get ambitious numbers into venues you haven't usually been able to play in, or multiple nights in some venues you've only done one before.

Re: set list, to be honest, I think there's been too many of these retro tours and the 21st century albums have not been given a fair crack of the whip at becoming live favourites, but that's 21st century fans fault, they don't buy the albums and stream individual "hits" on spotify and youtube sending out a particular message to the band.

In a perfect world, I would be perfectly fine with a setlist like this:
1. Aces High
2. Wrathchild
3. The Trooper
4. Bring your daughter to the slaughter
5. Infinite Dreams
6. 2 Minutes to Midnight
7. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
8. Still Life
9. Fear of the Dark
10. The Evil That Men Do
11. Children of the Damned
12. The Number of the Beast
13. Running Free
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name
15. Iron Maiden

Re: set list, to be honest, I think there's been too many of these retro tours and the 21st century albums have not been given a fair crack of the whip at becoming live favourites, but that's 21st century fans fault, they don't buy the albums and stream individual "hits" on spotify and youtube sending out a particular message to the band.

So sad for a band who was always so proud of the most recent material to cave in, don’t you think?

Perhaps 21st century fans do not see the quality of their lumbering prog-rock longueurs of late…

I personally think A Matter of Life and Death is a top 5 Maiden album, but I became a fan in the early 90s. :lol:

Back