Rock in Rio 2021 announced (possible album tour)

I'm pondering over whether this is really going to happen, but I believe if one government would let a crowd of hundreds of thousands gather next year, it would be the Brazilian. Still, I think it's risky to expect the tour to happen as of now.

Assuming this is the new album show - what is the possible date of release? I think that April - May is the realistic date.
If there is tour/tours next year:

June-July 2021: LOTB tour 3rd leg (whether there are concerts or not, they also can skip this 3rd part of the tour, but I doubt)
September 2021: single from the new album
October 2021: start of the album tour (with 2nd leg in 2022)

The situation is a little bit similar with the ME tour (which was also three legs). TBOS album was planned for a 2014 release after the short leg then, if I'm not mistaken (but it was delayed to 2015). AMOLAD tour is another example for a possible scenario (without a 3rd leg of a tour before that, of course) - the album was released in August 2006 and the tour started in October 2006.

I'm pondering over whether this is really going to happen, but I believe if one government would let a crowd of hundreds of thousands gather next year, it would be the Brazilian. Still, I think it's risky to expect the tour to happen as of now.
I don't think these shows will go ahead but it's fun to speculate and it also shows they might be ready to announce the album soon-ish.

If there is tour/tours next year:

June-July 2021: LOTB tour 3rd leg (whether there are concerts or not, they also can skip this 3rd part of the tour, but I doubt)
September 2021: single from the new album
October 2021: start of the album tour (with 2nd leg in 2022)

I believe the reason why the LOTB 3rd leg finishes in early July is because later in the Summer the band has North American shows scheduled.

The situation is a little bit similar with the ME tour (which was also three legs). TBOS album was planned for a 2014 release after the short leg then, if I'm not mistaken (but it was delayed to 2015). AMOLAD tour is another example for a possible scenario (without a 3rd leg of a tour before that, of course) - the album was released in August 2006 and the tour started in October 2006.

TBOS was planned for a spring 2015 release. The album was recorded from October to December 2014, so there was no way it could have been released in 2014. ;)

I believe the reason why the LOTB 3rd leg finishes in early July is because later in the Summer the band has North American shows scheduled.
This is likely. They will need maybe three weeks to rehearse a new show though. Album out early August and tour start early september?

Most probably yes. These NA shows scheduled after the pretty short 3rd leg are going to be with the new album imo.

They can release both the single and the new album in August and start the tour in October (like it was the scenario with AMOLAD album & tour).

Last edited:
Most probably yes. These NA shows scheduled after the pretty short 3rd leg are going to be with the new album imo.

They can release both the single and the new album in August and start the tour in October (like it was the scenario with AMOLAD album & tour).
Rock in Rio is in September so the tour will probably not start in October.

Rock in Rio is in September so the tour will probably not start in October.

Then the tour can start in early September or at the end August. It's a tight schedule because of the 3rd leg of LOTB and I can't see them releasing the album before the 3rd leg with a tour after it for the album.... I doubt they'll skip the 3rd leg of LOTB (if there are concerts next year). If there are no concerts next year - they can release the album when they want or save it for a 2022 release.

I think with the way the LOTB are all squeezed into June, it's very likely they will be playing gigs in July

Wait, so the fact that all members of the band were spotted in Paris last year actually meant that they were recording a new album?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

That can't be true, guys. It just can't be true.

I think with the way the LOTB are all squeezed into June, it's very likely they will be playing gigs in July
The last Legacy show is in Paris on the 11th of July. I don't see them starting a new tour the same month. They will need maybe a little break and then rehearsals before the new tour.

The last Legacy show is in Paris on the 11th of July. I don't see them starting a new tour the same month. They will need maybe a little break and then rehearsals before the new tour.

:facepalm: How did I miss that? I have a ticket for that one :lol:

Reactions: Yax
I think the question is whether they are contractually obligated to play those rescheduled shows as Legacy of the Beast. And then, if yes, how obligated are they to sticking with the original format. If they can just call it the LOTB tour for those dates but bring a different stage and setlist, that’s probably what will happen. They’re not going to change the production mid tour though. I’m guessing that they’re keeping the legacy moniker for those select dates to avoid getting sued. Notice the promotion for those dates didn’t even use the regular imagery, it was just a group pic of the band.

I think the question is whether they are contractually obligated to play those rescheduled shows as Legacy of the Beast. And then, if yes, how obligated are they to sticking with the original format. If they can just call it the LOTB tour for those dates but bring a different stage and setlist, that’s probably what will happen. They’re not going to change the production mid tour though. I’m guessing that they’re keeping the legacy moniker for those select dates to avoid getting sued. Notice the promotion for those dates didn’t even use the regular imagery, it was just a group pic of the band.

Posters for the gigs do use the imagery with references to the setlist. Here are just 2 examples:

1608146600343.png

1608146633941.png

I think the question is whether they are contractually obligated to play those rescheduled shows as Legacy of the Beast. And then, if yes, how obligated are they to sticking with the original format.

You have a good point, and I'm thinking this may also be the reason they're holding back a new album release, recorded or not.

You have a good point, and I'm thinking this may also be the reason they're holding back a new album release, recorded or not.
When they finally release it, you'll only be able to download it if you're vaccinated.
Just touch your shoulder to a USB port.
No physical release, obviously.

Back