Rock in Rio 2021 announced (possible album tour)

Poto

Ancient Mariner
Like expected Maiden have been announced as the headliner of the opening day of Rock in Rio 2021.

Bruce says "Last year’s Legacy tour was so much fun, you’ll just have to wait and see what we have planned for next time…."

Since it's not the Legacy of the Beast Tour I thought we might have a separate thread for this.

Reactions: Yax
Just came here to post this but you beat me to the punch!

As already mentioned, looks like the new album tour will be coming very shortly after the rescheduled LOTB dates. Hopefully the album will be released well ahead of the tour.

2 scenarios I forsee:

1)LOTB dates early summer, then downtime with the album being released and then the tour starting in South America for the new album

or, and the option I'm hoping for and also think more likely to happen

2) in between the LOTB 3 dates and RIR they are going to be playing other gigs on the album tour, with the album having come out early summer before the LOTB 3 dates

Either new album or Legacy of the Beast part II

It would be strange if they play RIR with LOTB tour again. It will be with the new album imo.

Also, it's unusual that Maiden returns to RIR so soon after the last show there in 2019.

As already mentioned, looks like the new album tour will be coming very shortly after the rescheduled LOTB dates.

I think this was Maiden's plan from the start for next year.

Assuming this is the new album show - what is the possible date of release? I think that April - May is the realistic date.

Last two weeks of May would be my guess, they do press and release the album, then do the remaining LOTB dates if they can using them to promote that the album is out and the forthcoming album tour.

Normally we have about 2-3 months notice between an album being announced and released. If they're likely running straight from LOTB tour to the new album tour then surely it'll be released in the first half of the year?

2 scenarios I forsee:

1)LOTB dates early summer, then downtime with the album being released and then the tour starting in South America for the new album

or, and the option I'm hoping for and also think more likely to happen

2) in between the LOTB 3 dates and RIR they are going to be playing other gigs on the album tour, with the album having come out early summer before the LOTB 3 dates

Apparently the plan is to tour North America first and then move down south.

Well they certainly won't start the tour with a festival show. Most shows in South America are quite big for Maiden so it's likely they intend to start in North America. Fort Lauderdale is likely I think.

Back