Remember Tomorrow

How good is Remember Tomorrow on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
One of the best songs on the album, I love the way it works. The middle section is not heavy enough for me, I prefer to listen to it live.
10/10

9/10. Great performance by Di'Anno, maybe his best with Maiden, excellent guitar work, and a haunting atmosphere.
I don't have much to add, as nothing much has changed about this song for me. Still great, still a very atmospheric track that is greater than the sum of its parts. 9/10

This one has slipped in my rankings over time. The vocal melody is not good enough for a song like this, Paul tries to sound soulful - never his best mood - and the heavy chorus parts are not that interesting, relying on a rather cheap "oooh" hook. But then, just as you're about to give up on the whole thing, they come in with that blistering fast solo section, which is one of the highlights of the entire album. So an 8 for that, and a 4 for the rest, averaging out to an even 6.

This song is my second favorite from the album, only behind Phantom. It is sinister, atmospheric and heavy. I think it would fit perfectly on Master of Reality.
While I believe that this is one of the best Paul's performances, I must admit that Bruce brought this song to a whole new level live.

Unfortunately, Remember Tomorrow is not one of Iron Maiden's best masterpieces, but it is very close.

The highlight: "Tony Iommi riff" at 1:01 - fantastic stuff.

9/10

A special song. Impressive atmosphere.
The calm music itself gives me the idea of journeying with a mysterious traveller, going towards an unknown destination. As soon as the bass intro starts, the traveller begins to walk, and I follow.

I really like Paul's performance, one of his best. The rather long intense midpart presents a sort of tension, hardly to be found on Killers.

I love this song. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, but am very happy to give it a 9/10.

Thankfully second song into the debut and we can hear the glimpse of the mighty future Maiden. Beautiful song. I'd agree with Forostar on this one, except that instrumental section of Innocent Exile matches tension and suspense of this one.

Here's a song I wish they'd play live more. I love the dreamy guitars in the verses and how they explode into some of the best riffing on the album. This song really gives us a glimpse at future Maiden's knack for drama. The buildups, atmosphere, it's all here. I love how the instrumental section continually builds into an explosive climax before settling down again for a final verse. The way they do it without it sounding disjointed is pretty impressive. Everything flows very well.

Paul gives an incredible performance as well.

Nice contrast of slow, atmospheric passages and strong, heavier instrumental section. Unfortunately I find this one sounds quite dated now, which takes something away from it. However.....I'm very fond of the Metallica cover, which indicates the strength of the original songwriting. 8/10

10/10. Possibly my favorite song on the debut as it's really a toss up between this and Strange World. Both very great songs, but entirely different from each other! I really prefer Paul's vocals on this one over Bruce's, however I really like that this song was included on A Real Dead One. Such a unique song overall, it's nothing like any song I have ever heard before. This one is a solid 10/10 to me.

7/10. Good song. Chorus is great fun and the solo section is especially good and brings up the rest of the song.

8 - Prowler
7 - Remember Tomorrow
6 - Sanctuary

Was not a big fan of it the first years I heard the album, but it has grown to become one of the best songs on the album. Great riff in the "chorus" part.

I'll rate it a 9

Second best track on the album. Absolutely fantastic instrumental section, and the riff between verses is really cool. Paul sings good, but this is a song where I think Bruce really outshines him. The Ullevi 2005 version remains my absolute favourite version of this song.

9/10

Absolutely love this track. Superb atmosphere. Nice soulful vocals from Paul. Great solos. But best of all that superb, slow heavy riff. This seems like a song that could have been on later Maiden albums.

I have to say though, listen to some of the Bruce versions of this. Ullevi, Rock am Ring etc. He sounds brilliant, especially that first "FIIIRRRRRREEEE!". I'd love to hear this played more.

10/10

The vocals are fantastic on this one and the part that comes after the verses hunts me at night! It's just recently i've gotten into Maiden, and this is up with the best so far for me!

Well nothing to say about this song other that it is an amazing song and possibly one of Paul's best dynamic performances.

P.S. I love both Paul's and Bruce's versions.

Amazing song
9/10.

My favourite song from the album, with a great vocal performance, a deliciously sinister atmosphere and a killer chorus riff.
Highlight: "Flickers above us to light up the... SKYYYYYYYYYYY!"
Lowlight: The solo section is the weakest part, but even that is great.
9/10

One of Maiden's most overrated songs. I can see why people would like it, but it just doesn't click with me. A strong six, because it's not bad when all is said and done, but still a 6 nonetheless.

Back