'Remastered for iTunes' - All albums re-released! Discuss.

Yep. Knackered old PC, bog standard Mp3 player and inexpensive earphones aren't likely to bring out all the subtleties with remastered music. But I do wonder how many people actually own or spend a lot of time listening on really good quality equipment. A lot of people do most of their listening while walking or travelling somewhere, rather than sitting taking it all in with a really good sound system. Surely this restricts the market for remasters?

So I go to buy Brave New World today and what would you know... it's not on itunes. Nor is Dance of Death.
Does anyone have any idea why they would remove those two albums from the itunes US store? This is really annoying.
I put in a support request through apple about it, but have received no response so far today.

They were on there around a month ago, however this happened when I tried to buy them when I first got into Maiden. I only had a few songs on DoD and BNW, I went to complete the album and buy the rest and they weren't on there.

Then I just went on Ebay and bought 11 of the studio albums plus a few live albums for 20$, all in mint condition.

Don't know if it is OT, but have you noticed that TFF is been taken out from Spotify? Do you know why?

Yes we talked about the a few weeks ago.
It's very disturbing, and I really hope that this doesn't affect the BOS release and that they will realease the new album on Spotify still.

Yes we talked about the a few weeks ago.
It's very disturbing, and I really hope that this doesn't affect the BOS release and that they will realease the new album on Spotify still.

I hope not, on the contrary I think that the upcoming release is the reason why TFF is been taken out.

BTW, I last checked yesterday and have been checking every business day pretty much. BNW and DoD are still not on itunes.
I contacted IM on their facebook and website and have received no response. I contacted itunes and they only told me "the content provider has chosen to take the material down, possibly temporarily". They couldn't provide a reason or respond to them on my behalf.

I thought it was shit on the first listening but, after listening to them on a proper equalization, this is the best ever Maiden albums release, alongside the japanese first pressings (Black Triangle)! The technique used is the same or pretty similar, in the least, to the Black Sabbath deluxe remasters from 2009/2010. The instruments all have their own 'room' on the songs and things that were buried in the mix came to front and it might be confused with compression. SIT and SSOASS has definition, now! The guitars aren't mingled with the synths and causing bleeding on the ears, like on the 98 remasters. The 6 men line up albums didn't get such treatment, mainly because they were recorded using these parameters but, they have more room for the individual instruments tracks, too (guitars, in particular) and it is very perceivable.

I strongly recommend getting these remasters.

Last edited:
I strongly recommend that anyone listening to music via a laptop purchase a headphone amp. I bought one about two months ago and the difference that it makes is astonishing. Most laptop soundcards can't drive the dynamic range of your headphones. I bought a $100 headphone amp that includes a DAC, and the sound quality of my headphones increased dramatically.

I listen to music all day at work (desk job). I have gone through my back catalogue of music over the past couple of months and it has been like listening to them for the first time. I have noticed details in Maiden recordings that I have never heard before - considering that I have heard these same albums in various formats hundreds of times previously, that is quite impressive.

Surprise! Guess what, the audio hardware on things such as modern TV's, computers, mobile phones, car stereos etc. are getting ever cheaper and worse every day as a cost and space cutting measure. Most people don't care and wouldn't know good sound if it hit them in the head, but for those who do... there's no limit at how much you can spend - for more or less gain. (I know far more people who spend but haven't got a clue/just hope for 'expensive = better' than I know people who actually know their stuff.)

I don't use the integrated soundcard on my laptop, and run my headphones through a (cheap) interface with a built in soundcard. Hardly hi-fi, but even a £100 interface will beat out any integrated laptop component...

The good news is you don't need to pay that much for high quality sound. Unless you're an audiophile you could pretty much stay in the $100-200 range for speaker pairs and headphones.

What about desktop pc sound cards such as Sound Blaster? Also not that good?

Sound blaster have a load of different cards with different price and quality. That goes for desktop cards in general as well. There are some really good ones, often a lot better for the same price since they don't have to worry about the size in the same way laptops do.
But I still think a good old stereo is the best way to listen, especially with a vinyl player, all the rituals around the music makes it sound at least twice as good even if you're not audiophilic inclined.

My wife bought me a Marshall Woburn and it sounds phenomenal. Only problem is the speakers are too close together to give you a broad soundstage but there is a lot of depth. Excellent range and the vocals really punch with a lot more expression than I'm used to hearing. I got another small speaker that I placed in the room to broaden the sound and that helps. But I have to say, there are a lot of details that are lost with poor speakers.

My previous speakers weren't bad. Older Polks, but the marshall using the optical in (not bluetooth) is brilliant and has some of that old jukebox warmth to it without losing details. the polks went to the living room.

For those asking about Brave New World and Dance Of Death I just recently discovered they are out of print in the USA. It appears they are changing distribution companies. Acoustic sounds has the 24 bit of these two albums however no one else as of yet. It kind of sucks because these were the only two I needed the cd for. The only two versions I found were from Argentina and Japan. I ordered the ones from Japan.

Hi!! Retaking the topic after a long time!

Someone bought the remastered version of X-Factor? I really like that album and I have the original CD, but some songs on this album has a horrible sound in the original version on CD.

Take for example the song "2 AM". If you are listening in a good headset, from 1:42 till the end of song a very garbled/distorted sound cames.
Anyone notice that distorted sound in "2AM"? This has been fixed in the remastered version?

Another question: this remastered version of Apple is exactly the same remaster that Onkyo Music released? (https://www.onkyomusic.com/iron-maiden-hi-res-catalogue)
The "only" difference is that the version of Onkyo is lossless and Apple have a lossy version? Or are different remasters?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Back