Regarding tour spoilers - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm replying to this to make sure you read it and understand it. Yes, you. Right there. Reading this. Read the damn spoiler rules.
Have you dusted off your ban hammer yet?

P.S. when are the LOTB tour topics getting seperated? I expect that Maiden is doing production rehearsals from today until Saturday in Tallin, so there is some chance that a leak will surface.

P.S. when are the LOTB tour topics getting seperated? I expect that Maiden is doing production rehearsals from today until Saturday in Tallin, so there is some chance that a leak will surface.
The old LOTB thread is being closed on Saturday and a new tour thread will be opened, to include spoilers. Last time we did parallel spoiler and non-spoiler tour threads, the non-spoiler version was hardly used.

2. The Official Legacy of the Beast Tour thread does not require spoiler threads.
"tags"
4. Any major news from the tour will get its own thread, but spoiler rules still apply. This is simple. In the event that a tour-affecting moment occurs, we will carefully monitor the post to ensure that while a newsworthy item may have occurred, any coverage of this event will not affect the enjoyment of future shows by forum members.
Why don't you try & contain spoilers to the official thread by discouraging the opening of new threads with tour related news in them? Should we not be encouraging people to keep this sort of thing to the offical thread only, thus reducing the risk of spoiler-exposure to those who wish it?

It depends what that news is (eg 'LOTB tour to go on for three years, Bruce confirms on first night'). It might be general interest and not be a spoiler in itself. Total newcomers, who are less likely to know the rules, can't start threads immediately now, though, which makes life a lot easier.

Could you make a start for Cried then & stop people opening any threads what-so-ever which involve setlists?

And by setlists I mean all lists.

I suggest we lock down forums for the time being, and communicate through a psychic.

The old LOTB thread is being closed on Saturday and a new tour thread will be opened, to include spoilers. Last time we did parallel spoiler and non-spoiler tour threads, the non-spoiler version was hardly used.
So there might just be one thread where spoilers will have to be used no matter what since people who don't want to know the setlist but still want to discuss the tour will be a part of that thread?

So there might just be one thread where spoilers will have to be used no matter what since people who don't want to know the setlist but still want to discuss the tour will be a part of that thread?
That's just in there from a previous tour. Tbh I don't see how a tour thread where everyone has to put all spoilers in spoiler tags is going to work. It gets nigh on impossible to guarantee it spoiler safe 24/7, too, when posters forget to use spoiler tags, don't know how to use spoiler tags, don't know what is/isn't a spoiler, or think they're in the spoilers-allowed thread and post what they like anyway. Anyone desperate to avoid spoilers is always going to be safer staying away from tour-related discussions.

Last time we did parallel spoiler and non-spoiler tour threads, the non-spoiler version was hardly used.

This. I won't repeat how silly this "spoiler" approach actually is - it would seem that the majority here is against me, okay, I am definitely able to succumb to authority, fine. I believe I've never broken the spoiler rules in any way throughout my 5 year stay and I certainly don't intend to start now.

But you actually managed to say it pretty well. When the tour is underway, trying to discuss it while simultaneously trying to avoid any knowledge/relevant information is waaaay too silly a concept. I can't even imagine how this "I don't want to know but I want to talk about it" would work. But whatever, do as you please.

Spoiler tags made a lot of sense maybe ten years ago, and I definitely think they should still be required here don’t get me wrong, but if you really don’t want spoilers I don’t see the point in visiting this website (or any Maiden related site/page) during a tour. Going spoiler free gets harder every year.

But you actually managed to say it pretty well. When the tour is underway, trying to discuss it while simultaneously trying to avoid any knowledge/relevant information is waaaay too silly a concept. I can't even imagine how this "I don't want to know but I want to talk about it" would work. But whatever, do as you please.
Last time it mostly turned into "I can't wait for my time to see them!" ad nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back