Recent additions to your music collection

Amorphis are Finnish and I was under the impression that Finland was NOT part of Scandinavia... is that true? History folks, where are you?

Dityn DJ James said:
Chicago II - Chicago,
Worth every penny.

AWESOME album. Frankly the first two Chicago albums are incredible. I want to get more of their early work. I think Chicago IV is a live album, but I am having a hard time finding Chicago III and V... Those first two are pure gold though.

Onhell said:
Amorphis are Finnish and I was under the impression that Finland was NOT part of Scandinavia... is that true? History folks, where are you?
Finland isn't part of Scandinavia  :smartarse:

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
Hey Foro. The jarred fish was added to take the seriousness off my review...for non-metalheads on facebook. I'm a devout follower of King Diamond (Denmark) and have worshipped his voice and Andy Laroque's guitar for over twenty years now. Dig Meshuggah, Running Wild and recently have discovered Moonsorrow. If you have any Skandi recommendations please let me know. :)

The new Opeth, astounding. It takes a little time to comprehend but...wow.
If you like Power Metal try out Hammerfall(Sweden)
I think they are awesome.

Onhell said:

It's not. Scandinavian peoples speak Norse-Germanic languages (Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Icelandic and local dialects), while Finns speak a Finno-Ugric language (which isn't even of Indo-European origin). Finland is also very different from its geography and culture. The ties to Scandinavia may be very strong, but by any definition, Finland isn't a Scandinavian country.

Perun said:
It's not. Scandinavian peoples speak Norse-Germanic languages (Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Icelandic and local dialects)
Iceland is not part of Scandinavia

Onhell said:
AWESOME album. Frankly the first two Chicago albums are incredible. I want to get more of their early work. I think Chicago IV is a live album, but I am having a hard time finding Chicago III and V... Those first two are pure gold though.

Yeah it was great, in fact we're learning to 25 or 6 to 4 in our marching band.

MaidenFan100 said:
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss

My first Slayer albums :D :shred:

SLAAAAAYER! South of Heaven and Reign in Blood are my two favourites, if you like those two you should definitely pick up SoH as well. Their most recent album  (World Painted Blood) is probably my favourite since Seasons.

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
Thanks dudes. Will give them a good listen and hope a few of them tour Oz for the summer festivals.

Opeth are down here in December, yes!!
Were do you live?

Jason2103 said:
SLAAAAAYER! South of Heaven and Reign in Blood are my two favourites, if you like those two you should definitely pick up SoH as well. Their most recent album  (World Painted Blood) is probably my favourite since Seasons.
I didn't find SOH at the store i went to, so that is the next Slayer album im gonna buy

Bought these on the internet now:

Dream Theater - Train of Thought
Slayer - South of Heaven
Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings
Nile - Those Whom the Gods Detest(One of the few Death Metal bands that i like)

:shred:

Chickenfoot iii
Album hasn't grabbed me like this since Final Frontier, and before that AMOLAD

Yea it's pretty good. But I can't help but think that Hagar's voice is struggling throughout the album.

Really?
May not have the power and range he had in the '80s, but it's loaded with character.
And he's still got more power and range than most, even at 63.
Where do you think he's struggling?

On high notes. And I'm comparing this to the last Chickenfoot album.  It does still have character though.

Back