Recent additions to your music collection

Saw some CDs that I found out about from the Daily Song threads

Camille Saint-Saens - Symphony No.3 with some other songs (one Danse macabre), and a few songs by another classical composer who I've never heard of. The first classical CD I ever bought! :)

And Sear Bliss - The Arcane Odyssey. I was planning on buying all the Sear Bliss albums at one point though I always imagined it would be a bit further in the future. I saw this one for only $10 and I just had to get it. Haven't listened to it yet.

Got Brave New World double picture disc in the mail yesterday and the first album and Powerslave, Japanese versions, both with obi the week before that.

Dawnbringer - Nucleus. What an odd band. Fantastic old school metal with power riffs that are Maiden-esque on the first few songs, and then they get kind of experimental. The vocals are odd. Best album I've gotten in a while though. Experimental without being weird. Kind of a faster, less nutty Voivod.

Jupz said:
Saw some CDs that I found out about from the Daily Song threads

Camille Saint-Saens - Symphony No.3 with some other songs (one Danse macabre), and a few songs by another classical composer who I've never heard of. The first classical CD I ever bought! :)

And Sear Bliss - The Arcane Odyssey. I was planning on buying all the Sear Bliss albums at one point though I always imagined it would be a bit further in the future. I saw this one for only $10 and I just had to get it. Haven't listened to it yet.
Great first choice! :)

VINYL

Yes -- Tales From Topographic Oceans
Yes -- Tormato
UFO -- Misdemeanor
UFO -- The Wild the Willing and The Innocent
UFO --No Place to Run
Alan Parsons Project -- Ammonia Avenue

Metallica-And Justice for All
Big 4 Live from Sofia Bulgaria
:edmetal: :edmetal: :edmetal: :edmetal:

I got that Big 4 too. And Justice is in my top 10 albums of all time, my fave metallica album :)

I got Death Magnetic yesterday along with Use Your Illusion II and The Spaghetti Incident (My Guns N Roses clecction is now complete)

I never really liked the songs i heard from DM but now i have played the album 2/3 times in its entirity it has been growing on me.

MP3 Album

Solstice Coil-A Prescription for Paper Cuts

My 2nd MP3 album ever.

CriedWhenBrucieLeft said:
I just bought the First Ten Years LP boxset, for £50.
Congrats. theyre selling it for around that in a wee store in Manchester city centre near the black sheep skate store for anyone else interested. theres also all the early VHS tapes like live at the rainbow and maiden england. Im holding out for the CDs...   

Eh, just bought in on eBay. If you keep banging in a bid of £50, eventually you'll get one for... well, £50. LPs & sleeves are impeccable. Box lid had one full (corner) split, one partial --which I've tidily superglued. Black a little marked --but I don't care. It's still just a cardboard box. Even if you buy a set with a mint box, it's still pretty easy to damage it yourself; moving house etc. I'd prefer one with a few scuffs. Now, the CD set --that's something different. Don't see it going for very cheap at all.

I saw one going for a dollar with 20$ shipping. I really wanted to buy it but I had just spent $20.

Back