Recent additions to your music collection

About the only music I like and which my wife can't stand:

Status Quo (their 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th album)

- Piledriver (1972)
- Hello! (1973)
- Quo (1974)
- On the Level (1975)

Cornfed Hick said:
15 million songs -- via Spotify (which, now that it is gaining a foothold in the U.S., is going to change the music business forever)

Which version did you get, my thought is I mostly listen to music from my phone (except when at home, then I listen to records).  So, I would need the Premium Version .. not sure that is worth $10 a month ... might try out the free version on the computer for a while though ... seems like a good concept.

bearfan said:
Which version did you get

Right now I'm using the free version.  I'm tempted to upgrade to the $10/mo Premium service, though, for the reasons you stated.  Even as is, I listen on my desktop at work or at home, and it's pretty cool. 

How do the invitations work? Do you need someone to send them to you? Or do you just get one?

Mosh said:
How do the invitations work? Do you need someone to send them to you? Or do you just get one?

I just went to Spotify.com and requested an invitation.  Mine came within a few days, my wife's came within a few hours.  Conclusive proof she's cooler than me.  At least that's what she says.  Frankly, this "invitation" protocol is probably just a marketing ploy to give the illusion of exclusivity. 

Or, if you know a Spotify user who has invitation tokens they can send, you can ask them to invite you.  (I don't have any yet, I'm guessing they don't give them to free subscribers.) 

Or, you could just sign up for the paid service -- you don't need to be invited to do that.  They'll take your money right away!!

Thanks for the info, I will try to sign up for the free one (and tell them I am a girl to get it quicker :)  ) and give it a try.

Well I signed up yesterday and just got my invitation. I'll see how this goes.

Vinyl

Kings of Leon Because of the Times
Social Distortion -- Hary Times and Nursery Ryhmes (included a CD)

bearfan said:
Vinyl

Kings of Leon Because of the Times
Social Distortion -- Hary Times and Nursery Ryhmes (included a CD)
Kings of Leon are from my hometown! Sorry had to say that  :D. Anyways Megadeth- United Abominations, I'm about half way through listening to it and I so far I think its great!

UA is a nice effort by Megadeth, a mostly overlooked gem IMO. 

Speaking of Kings of Leon, drove down to Houston from Dallas to see them Saturday (and to visit some family that lives there) .. stupid singer left the stage the night before in Dallas becasue of "Heat Stroke" (It was really hot, but suspect he gave it some help) and the show in Houston was cancelled.

Still however like a fair amount of the songs :)

Dream Theater: Metropolis and Score. Still waiting for my Maiden CD.

Kvelertak - Kvelertak. The debut album of a Norwegian hardcore band. Great stuff, although I don't understand the language at all.

A very good crop of albums today

Dream Theater-A Change of Seasons
Blaze-Silicon Messiah
RUSH-Permanent Waves

Mosh said:
A very good crop of albums today

Same here (it being my birthday in all),

IM - Somewhere in Time(About I got my favorite Maiden album)
IM - AMoLaD(Wanted to get Piece of Mind, but it was too expensive)

Dityn DJ James said:
Megadeth - Rust in Peace

I may just turn out to love these guys as much as I do Maiden...
Is this your first Megadeth album James?

I picked up Anthrax-Volume 8-The Threat is Real!

I haven't got the chance to listen to it yet, but I loved Sound of White Noise, and I can't get enough of Stomp 442 so my hopes are high!

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son (Finally starting out my Maiden collection, after years of 'borrowing' off of my brother)
Megadeth - United Abominations (10/12 Studio albums now! 2 to go! :lol: )
Anthrax - State Of Euphora (Lucky find, seeing as my local HMV only sells Among The Living and The Anthrology)
Anthrax - The Devil You Know (New single from Worship Music!)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie (New RHCP single from I'm With You)

edge of darkness said:
Is this your first Megadeth album James?

I picked up Anthrax-Volume 8-The Threat is Real!

I haven't got the chance to listen to it yet, but I loved Sound of White Noise, and I can't get enough of Stomp 442 so my hopes are high!

Yes it is my first Megadeth, as for Anthrax I never got that into them...

Back