Recent additions to your music collection

There have been live versions on YouTube for months now, but the studio version of Anthrax's "Fight Em Till You Can't" was released for free on their website today, i've had it playing for a while and it rocks  :edmetal:

Jason2103 said:
There have been live versions on YouTube for months now, but the studio version of Anthrax's "Fight Em Till You Can't" was released for free on their website today, i've had it playing for a while and it rocks  :edmetal:
Thank man for posting this! I had no clue it was released today. It sounds alot like classic Anthrax, can't wait for the new album.

edge of darkness said:
Thank man for posting this! I had no clue it was released today. It sounds alot like classic Anthrax, can't wait for the new album.

Yeah, me too! It's being released on the same day as the new Dream Theater album (September 13th I believe), those two will keep me busy for a while.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I really love the production on the song. Everything just sounds very clean, the bass drum in particular sounds great.

Sound Of Madness - Shinedown
Folklore And Superstition - Black Stone Cherry
Dragon's Kiss - Marty Friedman
Welcome to the Ball - Vicious Rumors
Nightcastle - Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Call to Arms - Saxon

Recently heard Tyr's latest release called The Lay of Thrym. Not too impressed, especilly after being blown away by their previous album (By the Light of the Northern Star), but I did really enjoy the title track.

Opeth - Deliverance
Opeth - Damnation
Rush - A Farewell to Kings

Got a lot of good old prog recently :)

Mosh said:
Dream Theater Octavarium  :yey:
:ok:

Chartwell said:
DoomSword - the Eternal Battle
Falconer - most of their albums, including Northwind.
Have you listened to these yet? How are they? Just wondering, I've heard some good reviews of Falconer but never listened to them.

Jupz said:
:tup
Have you listened to these yet? How are they? Just wondering, I've heard some good reviews of Falconer but never listened to them.

DoomSword is awesome, as they always are, but it's a bit different sound for them. They've been speeding up over the past two albums past the doominess, and it really worked on the last album... this one, however, the lead singer is trying a raspier voice a la BD on No Prayer, and on some songs it works (really conveys emotion), and on others I'm waiting for his trademark high note and it never comes.

Falconer - I was really surprised at how good they are. They play pretty interesting power metal with an almost Jethro Tull lilt in the background, in keeping with their medieval theme. The lead singer's vocals are very clear and distinct, the production seems to emphasize them, and at times he sounds almost like a hair metal singer (think Europe) but it never degenerates into camp. They're a really good band - listen a song like "Perjury and Sanctity," which has some great thrash, some good chorus... they're similar to Rhapsody (of Fire) I would say.

Thanks for the short reviews Chartwell! I have listened to some Doomsword before and I was very impressed!

Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Jethro Tull - A Passion Play
Jethro Tull - Songs from the Wood
Jethro Tull - The Broadsword and the Beast
Jethro Tull - Crest of a Knave

earlier 2011 Tull acquisitions: This Was, Stand Up, Benefit, Aqualung, Living in the Past, Nothing Is Easy: Live at the Isle of Wight 1970 (DVD)

And a shitload of jazz (30+ albums)

Back