Rant Thread

Well I missed my last gig due to my kids being sick and now I’m due to miss seeing Raging Speedhorn in London as it’s the same day as my wife’s work Xmas meal so fuck me I guess

Just spent ages researching hiring e scooters, after finding out today that the local pilot scheme extends as far out of town as the area I live. Finally found out that their definition of 'cycle routes' doesn't include cycle tracks, only cycle lanes on roads, which we don't have in this area anyway, seeing as they took bikes off the roads and put them on purpose built cycle tracks. So it would be a case of riding one of these things at below 15mph on a very busy road. ::)

Don’t you just love it when you’ve been in service for five months and get your first vacation and then the boss says you have to come back for a week during that vacation?

I swear to fucking god. That "tag your favourite artist on FB and see if they'll respond" is the absolute worst thing on social media ever. What is even the point when most bands have a social media company doing that work for them. So fucking annoying.

I swear to fucking god. That "tag your favourite artist on FB and see if they'll respond" is the absolute worst thing on social media ever. What is even the point when most bands have a social media company doing that work for them. So fucking annoying.
I’ve actually only seen smaller bands responding (Unleash the Archers, Wilderun), but I agree it gets annoying. Certainly nowhere near as annoying as tier lists, tho.

Getting an email saying the following:

Thanks for Choosing the Netspend® Prepaid Mastercard®.​

There's a lot you can do with this card.​

I'm supposedly going to get this card in the next 7-10 days. I never asked for it.

Why am I getting this?
View attachment 18466

I am, or used to be once upon a time at least, a bloody Black Metal bassist after all.
Wrong colours, wrong clef!

View attachment 18467forever!!!
The IAs assume you like elephants. You've been talking about them and their trunks in the 1000000 replies thread, you also probably search for elephant pictures from time to time to use them as new avatars. But weird suggestion indeed.

Why am I getting this?
View attachment 18466

I am, or used to be once upon a time at least, a bloody Black Metal bassist after all.
Wrong colours, wrong clef!

View attachment 18467forever!!!

Here you go. Io Saturnalia, my friend.

wwXuSYu.png

I am so fucking pissed again. What the fuck is wrong with her. All I do is work for her, help her MUCH MORE than is normal in relationship, organize stuff for her, plan and take care of everything. But she still behaves like an immature fucking asshole. We went to a restaurant where she usually orderes shrimp fried rice. This time it was not as good as before. She complained and she said she wants to know if the chef is new. So after paying, I asked the waiter if they changed the chef, twice. Made sure about the answer. No, he was not new. Then I exchanged a few more sentences with the waiter to confirm. When we were outside, she caused a scene like a fucking 5 year old kid. Spitting fire, screaming, bitching and moaning, that I did not ask the right person and that I never help her. That I was supposed to ask a different waiter. Like WHAT. THE. FUCK. I already do more than normal and she is still unhappy. She really needs mental help. I think about asking your parents to find a doctor or therapist for her, when she is in Taiwan. She then spent 10 minutes standing outside in the rain without saying a single word. I am supposed to be at work and she is just standing there, wasting my time. Because of what? Shrimp fried rice. I really want to kick someone in the face.

Sorry to hear it mate.
Three years ago you were given some sound advice by the Senatus Fori Virginis which you chose to ignore at your own risk.
Clench your teeth and stick with that decision now, hope it all works out eventually, and the sooner the better.
Also, taking things too seriously has never helped anyone. Have a great 2022, both of you.

Tottenham couldn't beat a 10 man Southampton squad. Oh, and Harry Kane being called offside prior to his goal because the way he was leaning put his shoulder on the line?! Pisses me off! And then I think of the friend I saw on Monday at a local bar that is dying of cancer. Forgot what kind, but his days are numbered. Yeah, life could be worse but it still pisses me off:) And that's what's great about sports. Helps you forget the more serious stuff. Does it ever. Go Brentford!

Last edited:
Back