Rant Thread

Christmas is here. I wish I could go back to the time when I was really excited for it.

My main gripe is the present buying - and receiving, actually. It's not the money that bothers me, I'm not being cheap and it's not as though I can't afford it, not bragging I'm just careful and good at saving. It's so stressful. My family, or my Dad's side at least is quite big, there are 13 people to buy for and I have absolutely no idea what to get any of them. Four of them are children so they're slightly easier, but the rest feel like a wasted effort. Things I've bought before have never been used or are just things that I didn't put much thought into because I was at the end of my rope and completely devoid of ideas. Most of what I buy is something that they neither want or need. That cuts both ways. As I get older I don't want as much so I end up with things I didn't ask for and it makes me feel so guilty to think that they've wasted their money on me. I'd rather not bother with the present exchanging, I enjoy spending the season with them which is enough for me.

yeah, I only buy for my parents and sister and girlfriend. That's it, and I don't want anything from anyone else (excepting things like work gift exchanges and stuff). Buying for 13 is way, way, way too many.

You could always just simply not buy anything for them.

I could, but I don't like the way that makes me look. My parents and sister are already buying for everybody else, makes me feel like I don't have any say in the matter.

yeah, I only buy for my parents and sister and girlfriend. That's it, and I don't want anything from anyone else (excepting things like work gift exchanges and stuff). Buying for 13 is way, way, way too many.

I'm much the same. I'd much rather be buying for my parents, sister and my mother's family because there's only two of them.

I could, but I don't like the way that makes me look. My parents and sister are already buying for everybody else, makes me feel like I don't have any say in the matter.
They'd understand better why you don't give them anything if you'd simply leave the country. :ok:

Me: "I will need a digital photograph of you on white background to upload to this application"
Idiot: /takes a picture of his photograph on a white desk/
Me:
Rr38srJ.gif

I realize this post would've fit in here nicely:

I want every journalist who puts his name on an article containing the term "Snow chaos" without there being actual chaos sent back to ground school.

The little snow fall we had last night/morning caused a few cars to slide off the road. Hardly chaos. Nobody got hurt. Before 9AM there was business as usual. Chaos? No. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER and STOP BEING IDIOTS!

It's utterly remarkable how much I hinder myself and get in the way of my own health, comfort and happiness. Even more remarkable that I haven't done anything about it even though I've been able to pick out the issues.

At this point it seems clear to me that a radical change in lifestyle is not only a wise choice, but a necessity.

Hope I'm getting a new work laptop asap, I've been whining for so long that they seem to have given in. This laptop has awful wi-fi reception no matter how close to the router I am. It's also too big for all my backpacks and it's heavy, dirty and old.

Argh, last night I left my card in the ATM while taking cash for the taxi. Whoever found it has been kind enough not to spend my money but not caring enough to contact me.

Hmm, honestly not sure. It’s swallowed when you enter your PIN wrong for three times but if you just leave it there, I don’t know...Dang, gotta order a new one then.

Also, I just bought a Coke even though I’ve drunk two coffees today and it’s 10 pm nd I need to wake up hella early tomorrow. I’m a braindead mess.

I think it is. If the ATM happens to be within a bank's premises maybe you could try to recover it on Monday with your ID - or order a new one indeed.

That one dickhead doctor I had the misfortune of talking to today:

Fuck you. I hope you get explosive diarrhea and unbearable intestinal pain for a week. People come in to talk to you about their problems, not to get scolded for 10 minutes, you absolute cunt.

HOW HARD IS IT TO WRITE DOWN THE FUCKING ANSWERS IN THE FUCKING QUESTIONNAIRE DOCUMENT YOU DUMB FUCK

LOTS OF FUCKING USE IF YOU JUST WRITE DOWN THE ANSWERS IN A SEPARATE DOCUMENT WHEN HALF OF THEM ARE YES OR NO YOU FUCKING MORON

that felt good

Back