Rant Thread

People who talk about sex all the time should shut up for good. It’s like spewing diarrhea through your mouth.
I feel confortable talking about sex with several male friends, but with female friends I feel like it's taboo.
However I have noticed that some younger people in my country aged between 15 and 22 are talking about sex non stop, like it's the new cool thing to talk about.

Depends what people are discussing and why. That whole load "I'd shag that" boasting about conquests thing gets very tired very quickly (I know both men and women who go on like this). It's possible to talk about the subject of sex among friends in particular without it being tacky and self centred though.

Depends what people are discussing and why. That whole load "I'd shag that" boasting about conquests thing gets very tired very quickly (I know both men and women who go on like this). It's possible to talk about the subject of sex among friends in particular without it being tacky and self centred though.
Yes, the traditional young male "I'd hit that/bragging about dubiously real sexual exploit" is quite exhausting. I mean, you can discuss attractiveness fairly easily, but I don't think that a, "Wow, she's gorgeous" conversation is what we're talking about here. I suspect it's getting closer to the discussion of dubiously real sexual exploits.

Which, in the 18-25 male age bracket, are almost always exaggerated at bare minimum.

Yes, the traditional young male "I'd hit that/bragging about dubiously real sexual exploit" is quite exhausting. I mean, you can discuss attractiveness fairly easily, but I don't think that a, "Wow, she's gorgeous" conversation is what we're talking about here. I suspect it's getting closer to the discussion of dubiously real sexual exploits.

Which, in the 18-25 male age bracket, are almost always exaggerated at bare minimum.
And female, for that matter. In fact, I remember girls of 15 talking like that. Not sure if I believed all of them.

And female, for that matter. In fact, I remember girls of 15 talking like that. Not sure if I believed all of them.
I have a distinct memory of hanging out with a bunch of guys at age 17/18 and hearing them brag about their many conquests. I don't know which were fully fictional, partly fictional, or actually true, but I do remember thinking to myself that it sounded like bullshit.

Have you guys ever watched The Inbetweeners? There's a character on that show who is exactly the sort of guy who makes up ridiculous graphic stories about his supposed sexual prowess.

Every group of friends has at least one liar. One of my childhoold friends used to tell us the most ridiculous stories. One of them he said he jumped a VW bug with his skateboard and the people who happen to be walking by gave him an ovation.... Yeah... right. Then again, my life is made up of the oddest, weirdest most insane stories aaaaand, they're true. Many of my friends/acquaintances didn't believe me until they were around to witness one LOL.

As for the sexy time stuff, People always talk about sex. It changes with age and maturity from conquests and graphic retellings to concerns, tips, fears, etc.

This is what I meant. It’s really boring floating your boat kind of talk. Quite frankly, I think it’s depressing.

This is what I meant. It’s really boring floating your boat kind of talk. Quite frankly, I think it’s depressing.
Just remember it's 95% bullshit and they're bragging because they don't have any sort of real stories to tell. It's also quite degrading to women. That's not a conversation about sex, it's just oneupmanship.

Every time I open my windows for some fresh air, somebody in one of the neighbouring gardens starts having an unearthly hacking coughing fit. There are at least two neighbours doing it at the moment. Goodness knows if they're ill or it's all smoking related.

Back