Rant Thread

Holy fucking Christ. Holy fucking shit. What in the fucking world possesses my coworkers to try to have a conversation with me when i have headphones. Please God fuck off this Bolt Thrower song is 8 minutes long i DO NOT FUCKING FEEL LIKE PAUSING IT EVERH 15 SECONDS TO REPLY TO YOUR BULLSHIT WITH "wow, thats crazy man". THAT IS THE ONLY FUCKING REPONSE I HAVE GIVEN YOU IN THE PAST HOUR AND A HALF. FUCK OFF I HAVE A BAD DAY AND I DONT WANT TO SMALL TALK. Do i even look approachable? I have my blank 'im disassociating myself from work' eyes firmly planted on the ground and I have haven initiated a conversation all fucking night. We're 11 hours into a 12 hour shift please God fuck let me be. Let me be. I don't want to talk. Fuck please just let me listen to Bolt Thrower.

Holy fucking Christ. Holy fucking shit. What in the fucking world possesses my coworkers to try to have a conversation with me when i have headphones. Please God fuck off this Bolt Thrower song is 8 minutes long i DO NOT FUCKING FEEL LIKE PAUSING IT EVERH 15 SECONDS TO REPLY TO YOUR BULLSHIT WITH "wow, thats crazy man". THAT IS THE ONLY FUCKING REPONSE I HAVE GIVEN YOU IN THE PAST HOUR AND A HALF. FUCK OFF I HAVE A BAD DAY AND I DONT WANT TO SMALL TALK. Do i even look approachable? I have my blank 'im disassociating myself from work' eyes firmly planted on the ground and I have haven initiated a conversation all fucking night. We're 11 hours into a 12 hour shift please God fuck let me be. Let me be. I don't want to talk. Fuck please just let me listen to Bolt Thrower.
My boyfriend had exactly this problem. His response was to get bigger headphones :lol:

No lyrics, sadly. Some sort of hip hop backing track I think. Same kids were also throwing something against the bus windows

This country is so fucked. Some german kids sprayed a graffiti on our most famous historical landmark, the Charles bridge, about 2x5 metres. They got a big fine and were sent away. Ok.

Now the municipal government is starting do think how to remove the graffiti. Takes them 14 fucking days to begin the works. Then they send over a team with some small bottles with chemicals from your average drug store and small brushes. They start cleaning it .. estimate of 2 weeks to finish the job, cost about 40 000 CZK.

(Enter some czech dude)

Next morning after they start removing it the graffiti is gone, someone just removed it overnight. The restauraters (restoration people) start bitching that the thing was done unprofesionally and now they need to inspect the fucking stone if it has not been damaged by unprofessional cleaning. Of course they will be paid for everything. Police and govt start looking for the guy who did it.

5 days later a your-uncle-Bob looking dude goes into the police station and says "It was I". Basically an average Joe with a high pressure steam cleaner saw the assholes doing the whole circus around it, got up at 5 on Saturday morning, got to the bridge and removed the thing in 2 hours before all the tourists got up hangover. He said he did it cause after 2 weeks the paint becomes hardened and it was the critical time to clean it off otherwise it would stick and would be much more difficult to get rid of.

Of course the restoration company starts claiming he damaged the bridge by unprofessional cleaning, bla bla. When the guy saw what chemical they used to clean the graffitti off, he said it is some inferior cleaning supply you can buy in a drug store.
By the way, the bridge was first founded in 1357 and went through wars and all that jazz. Still standing. Dogs and drunkards piss on it and nobody really believes some hot water could make any difference, obviously.

Of course they planned to run a thousand tests to determine what will not damage the old stone and used a fucking toothbrush so it takes them 2 weeks and they can produce a nice invoice for the services.

Something that a bald guy with a beer gut washed away in 2 hours with some hot steam.

People say this country will never be rich because the corruption is just so embedded in everybody, it's like those fat bits in Kobe beef. Damn shame.

Looks fine to me ...
charles-bridge-cleaning-03.jpg

Bohemian sandstone, and judging by the state of it after c650 years, one of the better sorts of sandstone. It'll be fine.

Very beautiful bridge you have there, by the way. Interestingly, in the symphonic poem Vltava, the quiet bit near the end represents the river going under a bridge before it emerges triumphantly in the centre of Prague, so I guess the Charles Bridge is a good contender for being the one in question. A bridge so beautiful it could only be represented musically by silence.

Prague is one of the places I would very much like to see :)

Back