Rant Thread

I have discovered what's been wrong with me in the past few weeks. I've got candida throat/tongue infection. FML. Gonna have to completely alter my diet for who knows how long until it passes, and I'm struggling to eat as it is. Basically everything with sugar or anything tasty will have to go until this passes, since the fungus feeds on sugar. Will also have to eliminate alcohol. Also I've been progressing nicely in the gym but I haven't gone since this started and I'll have to start over since I'll probably lose a lot of weight. On the other hand, once I'm in the clear, it'll be easier to develop muscles along with gaining weight.

I've read that even when the symptoms disappear, you should continue taking medications & keeping up the diet for a few weeks more because it easily reappears. It's also a case of low immunity or something I think.

Everybody carries the fungus, it's just a problem when it gets out of control. I could be smutty about the cause, but it can just be a temporary immune system problems or the result of taking antibiotics.

Oh and the rant part: next time I go to the doctor's, I'm gonna secretly record the conversation. What she wrote for me as advice on what to eat and what meds to take might as well be in Korean.

Related:
398a9e2a0c635fcca75777ecdb84949e--handwriting-medical-humor.jpg

I love conversations like this:
"But where is order, it is released ??"
"Yes, the number I sent you is the tracking number for the shipment."
"But order is shipped ??"

The only one that could top this was the following one:

"pls send delivery details for order *attached email displays shipment tracking number*"
*I open carrier website, enter tracking number, make a screenshot of the delivery details, put it in reply mail*
"Please see the screenshot from the carrier website providing tracking details *screenshot shows that shipment is being delivered, is already in the right town and expected to be delivered the same day before 18:00, in boldface and font size 14*"
"but is order delivered if not send ETA pls ??"

There's something I have learned after working in customer service for years: people can't read.

My brother managed to get five 1's and five 2's at the end of the 1st semester of the 7th grade, out of like 12 or 13 subjects.

*1 is a failing grade, 5 is the maximum.

I don't understand how he managed this. I'm struggling to even comprehend how he behaves in school that 5 professors fail him in 7th friggin' grade. I've seen lots of horrible students in my time in elementary/high school and for you to get 5 failing grades you need to be both stupendously dumb and you also have to constantly behave like a little shit so that professors fail you without remorse. FIVE FRIGGIN' 1's, WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!

I had two 1's in 2nd grade of high school and one in 3rd grade and I was grounded by not being allowed to be in the same room with a phone, computer or TV.

Anyway, not sure whether to let it go since I'm not his parent or to go super serious with him which would possibly make him cry, but a wake up call is needed. I don't think he understand the gravity of the situation. Your average grade from grades 6-8 of elementary school are crucial for high school applications, and with the way his are, he'll probably get into a shit one with other shit students that might have him end up in a bad company. SMH

Sounds like he doesn't give a carp about studying. I assume that the poor grades derive from not putting any effort into doing stuff and piling up undone tasks. Maybe he doesn't even go to school?

He goes to school for sure, they'd notify the parents if he wasn't showing up. It seems like he doesn't give a crap and doesn't understand the consequences at all.

Perhaps the type (style) of educaton does not fit to him. I don't know what the options are in your country but there is more than one standard "classic", regular type of education.
E.g. Montessori education, or different forms of schools (or methods) for childen who have difficulties with learning the regular way (for all kinds of reasons). Sometimes, something else works to motivate a kid. So, this is not (per se) only about levels of education but more about a different approach that fits best to the individual. You can have different schools who go for their own approach, but sometimes regular schools can have something else or extra for certain individuals.

Perhaps the type (style) of educaton does not fit to him. I don't know what the options are in your country but there is more than one standard "classic", regular type of education.
E.g. Montessori education, or different forms of schools (or methods) for childen who have difficulties with learning the regular way (for all kinds of reasons). Sometimes, something else works to motivate a kid. So, this is not (per se) only about levels of education but more about a different approach that fits best to the individual. You can have different schools who go for their own approach, but sometimes regular schools can have something else or extra for certain individuals.
He was solid until 6th grade or so until puberty kicked in. I think another problem is that he's in a class of 30+ kids, and professors don't have time for everyone. Smaller classes would suit him better, but he already changed school once.

I don't usually mind abbreviating words to make them sound more "hip" or whatever, but sometimes it crosses the line.

One time, I heard someone say something like, "Yeah, this experience was super awk."

Awk. What the fuck is awk.

Could it be they meant awkward? If so, why not just say the whole word? It's only one extra syllable. Just one. Not hard to say.

Or did they mean auk? A kind of bird? Y'know, using analogies and stuff to send more educated?

Or maybe, just maybe, they really need to get their shit together and figure out that English works better when you use it properly.

Back