Rant Thread

My boss, who has never used the same spelling for my last name twice, finds it necessary to write me an email reminding me that a task on which I have never done a mistake needs to be done error free.

Just had another exchange with my boss. He made a huge fuss because wanted me to substitute writing an email by calling the responsible people without providing me with a phone number, and after dialling two wrong numbers, I finally reached the department only for them to ask me to write them an email.

The world does not have enough faces to palm.

Also, because it was a snap decision of my boss to send me on the trip next week, the company didn't have any time to process to me an advance for the trip, meaning I can pay for all expenses out of my own pocket. I'll probably get it back some time in January, but it means I have to keep every receipt and account for every cent I want back.

Where I come from, people give each other gifts for Christmas that are supposed to make you happy.

Sending people on a work trip on short notice around Christmas should lead to the boss being sent in exile in Antarctica, the only place on Earth cold enough to match his cold heart.

Oh, and I just sent an email to him and got an absence notice until 02.01. as a reply.

I realize that it's not funny at all, Perun, what you are going through, but I hope writing about it lightens it up a bit.
I sure enjoy reading it, not liking the situation itself on the job of course, but the way you present this!

Back