Rant Thread

Does the library have any glass doors?
It's all glass:

phoca_thumb_l_1-2.jpg

Pffff. There are drapes now + you can't actually step out on the balcony anyway :p It only happened 3 times to me and not once since I started wearing glasses, stop harassing me :(

Loud people in the library are the fucking worst. Fucking idiot today chatted with his friend while eating peanuts with his mouth open. Fucking savages. Also whoever wears high heels to the library and people who slam the doors to the library. Also the ones that chat for 30 minutes in their spots instead of just stepping the fuck out to chat. Fuck them all.

Is this at the uni? If so that's one disrespectful uni crowd, it's always dead silent whenever I'm in the uni library.

Is this at the uni? If so that's one disrespectful uni crowd, it's always dead silent whenever I'm in the uni library.
It is. It's problematic because of multiple reasons. It's not technically a library. Library is in another wing of the building, this is more like a reading room at the top floor. It's the biggest reading room for a Belgrade uni, apart from the main city one that isn't connected to a particular uni, so we're constantly hounded by students from other unis. So sometimes I'd get there, all spots are taken and I see people studying math or medical stuff at a political sciences uni ffs. There isn't a specific person hired to check who gets in or out, so that's why there's noise and other annoying shit.

I complained to the student authorities about it this week so hopefully they'll do something. I suggested we could ask for volunteers to check ID's at the entrance and maybe enforce some rules for silence if uni won't hire someone to do it.

I suggested we could ask for volunteers to check ID's at the entrance and maybe enforce some rules for silence if uni won't hire someone to do it.

Our one has turnstiles at the entrance that you have to show your student ID to. Seems like an effective way to handle the situation.

It is. It's problematic because of multiple reasons. It's not technically a library. Library is in another wing of the building, this is more like a reading room at the top floor. It's the biggest reading room for a Belgrade uni, apart from the main city one that isn't connected to a particular uni, so we're constantly hounded by students from other unis. So sometimes I'd get there, all spots are taken and I see people studying math or medical stuff at a political sciences uni ffs. There isn't a specific person hired to check who gets in or out, so that's why there's noise and other annoying shit.

I complained to the student authorities about it this week so hopefully they'll do something. I suggested we could ask for volunteers to check ID's at the entrance and maybe enforce some rules for silence if uni won't hire someone to do it.
So it's basically a huge hangout place for students. Like a club but with no alcohol.

Okay. Why do people who like to blast dance or hip hop constantly fiddle with their music system? As if it's not disturbing enough to neighbours getting an intense blast of music they really don't enjoy thundering through their walls, you can't listen to anything for more than 20 seconds without the need to flick to another track, listen to that for five seconds, then go on to another for 20-30 seconds? Or without turning the volume up, then down, then up again, then maybe down a bit, then up full blast, before moving onto a different track. Are you actually listening to anything at all?

I was waiting for a relative at the bus stop for 2 hours and she didn't show up. She was travelling from some village to Belgrade to take a bus back home to France, and I was supposed to give her some package from my mom. We were supposed to meet in front of the bus station. I even got there 15 minutes earlier but she didn't show up and didn't answer any of my calls. Bus station is walled off and you can't get in unless you pay, so by the time I decided to pay the fucking thing and check if she's there (she might've gotten there way earlier or maybe she entered through some other entrance), the bus left the station. I would estimate it's 25% my fault for not paying and entering earlier and 75% hers for not answering 10+ calls. Old people...

Okay. Why do people who like to blast dance or hip hop constantly fiddle with their music system? As if it's not disturbing enough to neighbours getting an intense blast of music they really don't enjoy thundering through their walls, you can't listen to anything for more than 20 seconds without the need to flick to another track, listen to that for five seconds, then go on to another for 20-30 seconds? Or without turning the volume up, then down, then up again, then maybe down a bit, then up full blast, before moving onto a different track. Are you actually listening to anything at all?
I'd recommend an RPG. And I mean neither GI glasses nor role-playing games.

Inviting them to a roleplaying game could be amusing. Oh, I hear you're bored with your entire music collection, would you like to pop round and be a high elf?

Back