Rant Thread

Was listening to the radio in the car. Def Leppard was on. And you know what? This must be the most overrated rock band in the world. I'm using the term rock in its broadest sense here. Seriously, this band is just pathetic. Lame melodies, silly lyrics... No intricacies, no hooks - nothing but slime (and sugar). Honestly, when Prodigy came on after that, I felt so grateful, ffs.

Can I nominate Def Leppard for the worst band ever?

Definitely. They suck. Always hated to see them lumped together with proper metal acts of the time.

I've always loved Def Leppard, at one time they were fourth on my list. They've slipped down since but remain somewhere in my Top 20 / 30. They have a real charm to them like a lot of the hair bands surprisingly have, and Pyromania and Hysteria are great albums. Unpopular opinion: I'd rather hear those two albums than their first two.

So no, I'm vetoing that, thank you. :p

Pyromania was the album that got me hooked on to rock music in general so I always have a soft spot for DL. Now....they pretty much lost the plot after Hysteria, and have never recovered.

Didn't the Maiden football team beat DL in a match in the 80s? I think I remember reading that.

Was listening to the radio in the car. Def Leppard was on. And you know what? This must be the most overrated rock band in the world. I'm using the term rock in its broadest sense here. Seriously, this band is just pathetic. Lame melodies, silly lyrics... No intricacies, no hooks - nothing but slime (and sugar). Honestly, when Prodigy came on after that, I felt so grateful, ffs.

Can I nominate Def Leppard for the worst band ever?
Always considered them a national embarrassment. I used to work with an American who thought they were really cool, though.

I just said to myself, let's remind us of some Def Leppard, 'cause you know I don't actually listen to bands I don't like. I just put Def Leppard in YT and first clip listed is Pour Some Sugar Or Me, the chorus instantly started playing in my head, and yes, it's as bad as I remember.

Poison kind of bad.

Loud people in the library are the fucking worst. Fucking idiot today chatted with his friend while eating peanuts with his mouth open. Fucking savages. Also whoever wears high heels to the library and people who slam the doors to the library. Also the ones that chat for 30 minutes in their spots instead of just stepping the fuck out to chat. Fuck them all.

Loud people in the library are the fucking worst. Fucking idiot today chatted with his friend while eating peanuts with his mouth open. Fucking savages. Also whoever wears high heels to the library and people who slam the doors to the library. Also the ones that chat for 30 minutes in their spots instead of just stepping the fuck out to chat. Fuck them all.
Someone shares my feelings on the subject. In the list of people who ought to be killed, these guys.

Back