Rant Thread

Says you're ineligible...do you want to temporarily change your storefront to the Canadian store and see if that works?

What for though? I changed it though. Used to do it to get the demos early, but don't remember if it fooled them :D

Check your Origin library again.
OMG. It's there. Wow, thanks a lot! :notworthy: I'll pay you back once I (hopefully) get the money back! :oops:

I was only ranting here because people whom I've told this irl told me I deserve it because "I didn't pirate it like any other sane person in Serbia" :facepalm:

Rant : WHO and their obesity bullshit

1 out of 4 people from my country are declared obese by WHO due to a simple mathematical calculation, without taking into account any genetics or actual medical data. Put a same obese BMI man from the Balkans next to his North American counterpart and the difference will be staggering. This "epidemic" is local to NA only if we don't count in some low population spots such as Saudi Arabia. Average person from NA drinks one 0,5L of sugar saturated drinks per day, anywhere from 30 to 50 grams of sugar depending on the drink itself, which should be enough for daily intake. Food industry of United States uses heavy processing and puts sugar in basically everything.

Places like France, Croatia, Italy, Portugal - 4 times less soft drinks. Turkey even more. That leaves space for sugar in other stuffs you take through the day.

So WHO puts this in the same category and supports BS like this

http://www.who.int/dietphysicalactivity/diet/en/

...where sugars are put as 4th out of 5 bulletin points and the second point goes haywire around fats which are, ding ding, perfectly fine!

Overweight and obesity are defined as abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that presents a risk to health

Abnormal and excessive fat accumulation are hugely different things. Obese Croat has excessive fat because of all the meat and booze. Body knows what to do with this fat. Belly, thighs, arms, it goes on top of the muscles. You need this fat to live. You can have excessive intakes, storing excessive fat between skin and muscles, be too heavy for your knees and put risk on your heart. But never an abnormal metabolic cycle around it. Obese American is full of sugar. Body doesn't know what to do with this and basically starts filling joints and all sorts of other places with this unsolicited matter.

I'm pissing on WHO because they don't clearly state that U.S. food industry is poisoning people across that continent, and as long as you stay away from establishments that produce or sell these "foods" and "drinks" your chances of not having weight related problems significantly increase. I'm not talking McDonalds and Coca Cola only, I'm also talking stuff that people take from a shelf in a store, slot it into microwave and consider that a proper meal.

BMI is based on hopelessly outdated stats, isn't it? Nineteenth Century people with very different lives, the effects of malnutrition when growing up, lack of height, different muscle distribution etc.

Well I certainly think so. We have vastly different nutrition today. We can go to a market and buy some piece of exotic fruit, and get our vitamins. This is a very recent thing.

I was in Indonesia, in a place where people lived their traditional farming life up until the end of the 20th century. The place is called Batam, it's right across Singapore, 45 min ferry, and it got developed after Singapore grew into a important city, as a low-cost accommodation alternative. People are still very small, the chicken are small and everything is small. They didn't grow as Europeans because their nutrient spectrum was limited to things found only in local cultures.

Anyways, we'd have to take into consideration a lot of things apart from the basic BMI. Blood group, physical aspects of phenotype, etc. You can't put a Swede and an Arab on the same diet because their BMI matches.

I like how nobody at work can be arsed to say "please" and "thank you" anymore when they want me to do something. Guess they figured I'd do it anyway.

I've gotten into that habit so much I don't even know how someone could not do it. Rude.

I like how nobody at work can be arsed to say "please" and "thank you" anymore when they want me to do something. Guess they figured I'd do it anyway.
Yeah, I agree with everyone else. Do it for them. Let out your inner Canadian and be offended at the concept that someone wouldn't say please or thank you.

And then apologise for it
Actually, the conversation goes,

"Sorry for saying this, but I would really prefer if you say please and thank you when you're asking me to do something for you. It makes a difference for me personally. Again, sorry for having to say it."

Traffic is unbearable these days. Can't go anywhere without getting into a traffic jam. Whenever I go, I have to go past at least one construction site that slows down everything. The other day I went to the gym from uni and instead of taking one tram directly from A to B that would take 20 minutes or so, it took me 1 hour and 3 buses.

Also, people are fucking idiots in public transport. There should be like, a free card, that you get once a week that allows you to punch a bus idiot without repercussions.

Back