Random trivia

Nope. 

Hint 1:
More east, guys.

Hint 2:
It is the world's second modern codified national constitution, following the 1787–90 ratification of the United States Constitution.

Hint 3:
The Constitution remained in effect for only a year before being overthrown.

That's correct!

:)

Could I for one time, ask another question, which is very on topic with today's events.
It is not a very serious question, but when you'll see the answer you might agree with me.
Who knows, some geek knows the answer immediately.. here goes!

Who was the dumbest President of the United States?

Hint 1:
It's not George W. Bush

Poland should have been peoples second guess considering Foro's wife's nationality (if I have got this wrong and she is not Polish, then I'm sorry :D - but I'm sure you've mentioned she has roots in Poland).

As for the dumbest President, is it Reagan and is judged so by his gaff about nuking Russia - when he thought that whatever recording device used was not actually operational at the time?

William Henry Harrison?  The president that spoke for so long at his inauguration, that he got pneumonia and died one month into office.

Albie said:
Poland should have been peoples second guess considering Foro's wife's nationality (if I have got this wrong and she is not Polish, then I'm sorry :D - but I'm sure you've mentioned she has roots in Poland).

Yes she is Polish but also Dutch now. :)

Albie said:
As for the dumbest President, is it Reagan and is judged so by his gaff about nuking Russia - when he thought that whatever recording device used was not actually operational at the time?

Not him.

Wasted155 said:
William Henry Harrison?  The president that spoke for so long at his inauguration, that he got pneumonia and died one month into office.

Well, Per, indeed, what is dumb and is the following really dumb? It's hard to deny, though, of course it's sad as well.

Wasted155 said:

Excellent Wasted!!

I'll translate a short article about it, that I found in a Dutch newspaper with much more trivia on American presidents:

----

Dumbest president?

William H. Harrison
did not wear a wintercoat during his inauguration in 1841. Also, in the freezing cold, he delivered a record two hour speech. Thanks to the missing of the coat and the long speech Harrison got a cold and died one month later because of pneumonia.

Scholars are unsure whether or not Harrison actually died of pneumonia.  However, he was stupid for choosing John Tyler as vice president - someone from another political party.

Well, there you have it: there is dumb, and there is dumb

You can't be a total retard and become president.  However, there are obviously those that are less and those that are more intelligent than the rest.

LooseCannon said:
Scholars are unsure whether or not Harrison actually died of pneumonia.  However, he was stupid for choosing John Tyler as vice president - someone from another political party.

Harrison's Vice President was of the same party, actually. John Tyler was a Democrat (a Jacksonian, namely) for most of his career, but split with that party due to some questions about states' rights and customs duties.

He joined the nascent Whig party, at about the same time as Harrison did, and they were eventually successful in getting that party's nomination for the presidency.

/Yeah, I'm a nerd.

Yeah. I know. But we both like to split hairs, man.
It'd be as if McCain had picked Joe Liebermann. The guy might caucus with the GOP these days, but he's still a Democrat at heart.

Back