Rainmaker

How good is Rainmaker on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Rainmaker

9/10... A very high 9. Uplifting and rocking. A powerful song, in my world.

Voted 10 but should have gone 9... a very good song, my second fave "rocker" of the reunion era.

Now this is a much better song than it's predecessor. A short fast rocker, which I find to be the best of the "reunion" era rockers (yes, I like this better than The Wicker Man). A great instrumental section, along with a killer riff and excellent lyrics. 9/10 from me. This song also starts a really strong 4 song stretch.

Cosmiceddie said:
10/10. 'Rainmaker' is the best single they've ever released. Together with 'Dance Of Death' it's the highlight of the album. It's too bad the band ceased playing that track live. What a stunning chorus and a marvelous guitar solo by Smiler Murray.

*cough* Stranger in a Strange Land *cough*

Perun said:
Like Albie, I first really paid attention to the song when I saw that excellent video. It's been with me ever since, and it has built my spirit in tough times. Great riff, beautiful solo and beautiful lyrics. An overlooked gem. 9/10.
I remember when I first saw that video. I thought the Eddie was real (meaning a stage prop) and it was the one they were using on tour :lol:

There aren’t many songs that work so well as a fist-pumping straight-ahead rocker, a technically impressive musical performance and as a poignant, touching, emotionally affecting piece of songwriting — all at the same time. There aren’t many songs that work so well, period. Outstanding musicianship. Great lyric. Right there with Wasted Years as the band’s best pop song. Nine.

Best Iron Maiden video of all time!

Best single album art!

Best -4 minutes song of all times!

10 / 10 baby!

This song is great. Smiler at his best. The song is so energic, so melodic, and a sweeeet solo. Why does the album start with Wildest Dreams when it could have started with this?

Easily a 9/10.

10/10

best re-union rocker after wicker man. Awesome solos, riffs, harmonies and some great lyrics.

9/10. Great rocker. Should have opened the album instead of Wildest Dreams.

A great riff in this song, and a better track than the opener. Still, I don't see it a (recent) classic and it doen't excite me the way it seems to for others here. 7/10

9/10 and one of Maiden's best shorter numbers.  It's one of my favorite post 2000 songs as well.  Everything about this song works.  It's got killer dual guitars, amazing melodies, good vocals and an awesome solo.  I wish this had become a live staple instead of Wildest Dreams or No More Lies.

A great song but I've always found its position in the tracklist a little weird. It should have either opened or come after one of the epics, DoD or Paschendale. 9

Rainmaker is special to me, because it was the first Maiden video I saw and I liked it so much. Also, the guitar melodies on the chorus reminds me of the city sounds of a racing game I was playing so much when I was a child. A high 9/10.

First Maiden album I heard was Edward The Great compilation. Rainmaker was the first Maiden song I heard not present on that compilation. Great melodies and riffing, and an absolutely fantastic chorus. 10/10!

Habberdasher said:
8. One of the 2000 Classics. Should have been the single over Wildest Dreams.

What does "over" mean in this sentence? The first single? Instead of Wildest Dreams?
Rainmaker was a single. The second one.

Back