Rainmaker

How good is Rainmaker on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Love this song. The lyrics have an immensely personal touch that we can all relate to at times. Heartfelt and touches on the human condition - and I love this side of Maiden, which has come to the fore so much since 1995 and matured brilliantly after Bruce and Adrian's return.

A solid 10/10 for me.

Truly great little rocker. Very nice melodic guitar work and catchy chorus. In my opinion Top 3 song on the album and Top 3 rocker of the reunion era. If Nicko couldn't play Wickerman anymore, but band would want to play another short rocker from reunion era, then Rainmaker would be my choice. It's weird that it was featured on From Fear to Eternity complitation album, but the band didn't play it in 2010, reunion era based setlist (it's miles better than Wildest Dreams that was played on that leg of the tour). Anyone has some more information why Rainmaker haven't made more live apperances in Maiden's setlist?

Truly great little rocker. Very nice melodic guitar work and catchy chorus. In my opinion Top 3 song on the album and Top 3 rocker of the reunion era. If Nicko couldn't play Wickerman anymore, but band would want to play another short rocker from reunion era, then Rainmaker would be my choice. It's weird that it was featured on From Fear to Eternity complitation album, but the band didn't play it in 2010, reunion era based setlist (it's miles better than Wildest Dreams that was played on that leg of the tour). Anyone has some more information why Rainmaker haven't made more live apperances in Maiden's setlist?
I agree. Top 10 song for me. One of the album's highlights. It was strange that they didn't play it in 2010, yes - maybe they thought ''Wildest Dreams'' was a better live song. They absolutely should have played it again after 2003. Idk the reason why. The chorus is not so easy for Bruce live. It's my favorite Reunion rocker along with ''The Wicker Man'' and ''Stratego''. Which are yours?

For me top 3 rockers of reunion era Maiden are the same - The Wicker Man, Rainmaker and Stratego. Interesting to think that we have been lucky to hear 2 of them live in the past 4-5 years.

Back