Rainmaker

How good is Rainmaker on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters

LooseCannon

Yorktown-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Hot damn this song cooks. Best short song of the reunion? Probably, either this or The Alchemist. 9/10.

BeThyJames

Trooper
Must say I feel this is a bit overrated on here. It's nicely paced with quite a nice and unusual melody line but really doesn't excite enough for a shortish rocker.

MrKnickerbocker

clap hands
10/10

Rainmaker is short and upbeat, but it is light years better than the opening track. The opening riff sounds like raindrops (according to the Dickinson), an apt description for a lot of Dave Murray’s smooth-toned riffs. The guitars are on fire throughout Rainmaker and Dickinson’s melodies are quite catchy. Davey’s solo and constant bluesy fills make this song something special. Too bad it didn't have a long shelf live at gigs.

Maturin

Sköldpadda
8/10.

Adore the guitar work - the intro riff, Murray's licks, the fantastic solo and the key changed interlude after it - all amazing. The vocal lines are however not as good which drags it down to a weak 8.

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
On the one hand, this song is a bit overrated. On the other hand, it's a great song. Love the chorus, enjoyable overall, 8/10 for me.

Poto

Ancient Mariner
A step up from Wildest Dreams. Dave shines on this track. A great intro, brilliant solo and lots of lovely licks throughout the song.

8/10

Number 6

Ancient Mariner
"Rainmaker" is one of the best songs on the album. Very memorable riff and an overall strong instrumental, with great lyrics to go along with it. Would've been a better choice for a lead single than "Wildest Dreams", even though I also like the latter's choice. A very strong 9.

Jer

Limp Pimp
A strong lead breaks into a very catchy verse and chorus 1. Chorus 2 is appealing, but has some vocal phrasing problems.

Another round of chorus 1 and 2 and then we get a pretty rip-roaring solo from Dave, followed by a nice harmonized section before folding back into chorus 2 and chorus 1 and ending on a nice intro reprise.

Lots to like here, including the odd structure. The mild weaknesses of chorus 2 hold this back to an 8/10.

KidInTheDark666

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
This song having only one verse is imo one of the biggest tragedies in history of Maiden. But still 10/10

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
I love that song, top 3 Maiden song for me. An instant classic ! The riffs are unmistakable Dave, the chorus is gold, but the pre-chorus is even better. A greatest hits song for the band, probably one of the best singles since the 80's, if we exclude TWM. A song full of melodies and the solo from Dave is :notworthy:. But sadly, the song has been played only on one tour. :( More short classic tracks like Rainmaker is what Maiden needs again. Eternal classic !!!

10/

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
This is a pretty strong song that just so happens to be not as good as several other strong songs. It's always enjoyable but retreads itself a bit too much for my taste. Still, like I said, it's pretty strong. 7