Queensryche & Geoff Tate

Do we really need that big ass thread title? :p

Don't really care about this new album... don't rate QR that high anymore. I'd see them if they came here, if not, whatever. Same goes for new material.

Do we really need that big ass thread title? :p

Don't really care about this new album... don't rate QR that high anymore. I'd see them if they came here, if not, whatever. Same goes for new material.
Awwwww, come on. Let me have my fun. I'll change the title back to just Queensryche once the album's out.

And yes, Todd did have a couple of off nights where he didn't sound the greatest, but even Bruce has had off nights. Compare his vocal performance of Aces High on Live After Death from the audio version to the video. The audio is quite good, yet on the video, he has a hard time singing the higher parts in the verses.
I see your point, but that example is not an "off night". It's a difficult song to sing, especially as an opener. Bruce wasn't warmed up yet and you can tell he gets up to quality just a couple songs in.

I'm going to wait to hold judgement of whether or not QR is becoming a nostalgia act until the new album is out and what kind of setlist we get after that. It could be a little too early for the band to start doing new stuff yet considering the album won't be out until October. And yes, Todd did have a couple of off nights where he didn't sound the greatest, but even Bruce has had off nights. Compare his vocal performance of Aces High on Live After Death from the audio version to the video. The audio is quite good, yet on the video, he has a hard time singing the higher parts in the verses. So, I think we should at least wait and see what the future holds for QR and at the very least, the new album could be something to really enjoy.
It's not a few off nights. It's a very clear trend. Why not learn from the mistakes Geoff Tate did, instead of repeating them.
I'm sure the album will be great though.

Last edited:
My level of excitement has just gone up!
25yH2Pf.jpg

I'm definitely excited for the album, but yeah, Todd's voice is starting to slip. I'm not sure if he's still smoking or not, but I do hope that he starts taking better care of that and take more singing/breathing lessons. There's always room for improvement.

I'm also concerned about the band's setlist situation; it's been two years and I'm still stunned that the band never played Open Road or some of the other great songs off of the s/t album live. It's one of the most annoying things ever when a band puts out a great album and then they barely play any of it live. Especially when that album was so short. If this album ends up being an even bigger improvement than the s/t album was, which I suspect it probably will be, the band needs to start giving the new Todd material better representation live.

The new song is very good, especially the middle section and the chorus. The best part has to be the production, though. I loved the songs on the self titled album, but the production was terrible. This sounds way better.

Thanks for reminding me to check if I can re-register on that website. Lame that they delete accounts so fast <_<

Last edited:
Back