Queensryche & Geoff Tate

From: http://www.examiner.com/article/sec...tarist-michael-wilton-talks-touring-new-music
Do you have an update on when we can expect a resolution on the dual versions of the band?

That’s coming up. What I can say is that both sides have reached an amicable settlement and it’s now just a matter of time. There will be an official press release but for now, you’ll have to wait.

I sure hope it's not too much longer before an official statement is released! I know some on here don't really care, but personally, the wait is killing me!

The similarities end there though! Gers is definitely more interested in his craft than Kelly, and while the sloppiest of the three amigos, definitely better at playing than Grey.

:lol: You all crack me up so much!

I have everything crossed that we get an announcement this week! It is possible though that they'll let Tate finish out his QR shows next month first. At least it came down to this instead of having to be dragged out in court.

Once QR gets the name, tatewreck can fade into obscurity where he belongs!

Meanwhile, QR has added a few of great ones to their set recently including opening with this one!:

As well as:

I kinda hope he does, just to see everyone lose their shit over it. :p

New update!

From: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/going-forward-geoff-tate-will-be-known-as-the-voice-of-queensryche/
In what appears to be a preview of the upcoming settlement announcement over the rights to the QUEENSRŸCHE name, singer Geoff Tate's QUEENSRŸCHE webpage has changed. It no longer says "QUEENSRŸCHE" at the top and now features a banner with the words "Geoff Tate: The Voice Of QUEENSRŸCHE." In addition, there is a link to "QUEENSRŸCHE Without Geoff Tate" which points to QueensrycheOfficial.com, the official webpage of the Todd La Torre-fronted version of the band.

Hopefully all of that is only temporary until the settlement is announced and/or until Tate is done with his shows next month and that Tate will have to hand the site over to Queensryche. Also, it's not official that Tate will get to call himself that although it sure sounds that way. Only the final, official statement from the band themselves will reveal the actual outcome.

Last edited:
Yeah, seems like it's gonna be QR and Tatertot: Voice of QR. Fine by me.
Depends. It might be voice of QR for a limited time only (say a year or so), depending on the settlement terms. We don't really know anything just yet, Blabbermouth is a bit quick to connect the dots.

From: http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...5dbea&ch=cb256de0-3515-11e3-a8de-d4ae5275dbea
gyZW4tf.jpg

I sure hope that's the only show and that doesn't turn into a full tour! That would be one hell of a final insult to QR! But I guess I have to keep a positive vibe and just be glad that this will truly be over after August 9th.

Indeed, I sure hope this Farewell Tour doesn't turn into a tour, I mean that would be madness!

We all just need to pray that the suffering caused by Geoff Tate will soon be at an end!

Back