Proposed forum layout change

Oh yeah, this doesn't have anything to do with the layout, but more the forum's hierarchy - Jon isn't always on here, so perhaps one of the mods should be promoted to being an "assistant admin" so that they can tackle these kinds of things with all the powers when Jon can't. A thought.

That depends on whether this board supports such an account role.

One of the things I love best about MaidenFans is the way each song from the band has its own thread where members can vote on how much they like or dislike the song and then discuss it in depth. It’s something I’ve never seen another forum tackle before and I think it’s a stroke of genius of whoever decided to start doing it.

However, Maiden do have a phenomenal board of fans here and while it’s always fun discussing there songs, we like to spread out and discuss other bands too. Hence why our survivors are always popular - we all have different tastes that merge at Maiden and then split to join other’s elsewhere.

So regarding the idea of expanding the forum’s ratings to include the solo work of Maiden members and ex-members, here’s a suggestion that might meet in the middle: take the MaidenFans Rankings and give them their own board.

So far we’ve gone through Bruce, Blaze, Adrian, and Eddies and each time it’s been a lot of fun and a lot of enjoyment for all involved. I myself have several other ideas we could do and I think that if more people got involved they may be seen as something of a sister series of ‘games’ to the survivors, but with a bit more... posh, shall we say, that they feel like discussions but with some lists involved... cuz we all love lists, ey Cried?

What I mean is, instead of pushing the mods off their skulls trying to keep track of who knows how many new sub-boards, we could instead promote the Rankings polls and threads and try to meet in the middle. In doing so, we could even expand to other popular bands on the forum, like Priest, Sabaton, and even (gulp) Buckethead.

This is just a thought I had. Obviously this wouldn’t be something to consider right away, but sometime in future if the polling threads grow more popular or if more demand is placed for solo sub-boards.

Hey @LooseCannon , I was thinking about some of the stuff mentioned in this thread and that reminded me of something we discussed a while back elsewhere - the non album Maiden tracks. Would it be possible to give the individual threads polls so that people can vote on how much they like the songs, but not include this with the overall rankings? I'd take care of the compiling of the results.

Hey @LooseCannon , I was thinking about some of the stuff mentioned in this thread and that reminded me of something we discussed a while back elsewhere - the non album Maiden tracks. Would it be possible to give the individual threads polls so that people can vote on how much they like the songs, but not include this with the overall rankings? I'd take care of the compiling of the results.
I mean, it's possible.

Hi everyone,

Layout change has occurred. Looks good to me, but we will be cleaning up the forum and starting to throw stuff in their new locations. Let us know if you see something off. Thanks!

The 'Meaningless Polls' section was hidden quite well. But that's okay, Cried will just have to look a bit harder for lists.

Is it possible to put an entire sub forum on ignore?

Seriously though, looks good!

Back