Proposed forum layout change

deadhorse.gif
For when someone complains about a repeating chorus right?

I don’t have much to add to the layout change, other than the suggestion that we remove the tab archive. It is rarely posted in and no reason why anything posted there can’t be in musicians discussion.

Didn’t even realize that was still there until now.

Tab Archive has no posts for 7 years. Seems very incomplete as well. There's nothing you can't google regardless.

What would be cool is a sort of definitive guide to the best Maiden sheet music found online. The official tab books have lots of inaccuracies and searching ultimate guitar can be daunting. There are enough guitar players on here that we could easily put together some sort of index. But that would all be in one thread.

I would be down for a project like that. I've never written tabs online, but I can certainly tell which ones are accurate.

Any interest in adding subfolders in the Song and Album Commentaries section for solo work? Something like:

Song and Album Commentaries
--> (Current subfolders)
--> Solo Projects
====> Solo Project Commentary Discussion
====> Adrian Smith
~~~~~~~> Silver And Gold
~~~~~~~> State Of Mind
~~~~~~~> Welcome To The World
~~~~~~~> Awoken Broken
~~~~~~~> Other Projects
====> Bruce Dickinson
~~~~~~~> Tattooed Millionaire
~~~~~~~> Balls To Picasso
~~~~~~~> Other Projects
====> Steve Harris
~~~~~~~> British Lion
~~~~~~~> Other Projects

What would be cool is a sort of definitive guide to the best Maiden sheet music found online. The official tab books have lots of inaccuracies and searching ultimate guitar can be daunting. There are enough guitar players on here that we could easily put together some sort of index. But that would all be in one thread.

I've spent some time with the Somewhere in Time songbook years ago and I don't think it has any major errors in transcription.

Separate subforums for each side project album would be too much, but one for each member would be OK, although Dave and Nicko probably don't need one. And one for ex-members. Although I think it's fine as it is.

Question.

If you open up a read-only subforum here, and a group of people gets mod permission over the sub forum, they can publish to it and they can all edit each other's posts?

If correct, it would open a very rudimentary cms, simplistic wiki-like functionality we could use for structured archival purposes, such as Iron Maiden videos.

The users still use the video thread, but these mods follow it and update the archival subforum if needed. These mods would also dig through the videos thread before really opening access to the new subforum in order to initially populate its content with the most recent things we have on board.

I've spent some time with the Somewhere in Time songbook years ago and I don't think it has any major errors in transcription.
I was thinking more the ones that are currently in print, including official tab books for AMOLAD and TFF. There are also a couple anthology books out there. I haven’t looked at all the older ones (including the SIT one) but I do know that the book covering the first five albums is filled with inaccuracies.

I would like to see sub forums for Bruce’s solo work, including polls for the songs like what we have with Maiden. Anything beyond that would be overkill IMO.

If taking care of a subforum for solo work is too much for the mods right now, perhaps some other members could help take care of them. I’d be happy to take on such a job, for instance. Would be really cool seeing the ratings change over time.

Back