Prodigal Son

How good is Prodigal Son on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Don't play daft, Collin; the H, as you well know, is to do with the way the guys pronounce Adrian...

... making his name Adrian Adrian Smith. Still not know who we're talking about?

Don't play daft, Collin; the H, as you well know, is to do with the way the guys pronounce Adrian...

... making his name Adrian Adrian Smith. Still not know who we're talking about?
I'm playing daft. I know of H. All I know is that he is not the Prodigal Son, he is neither the chosen one. Dave on the other hand, is both. This can be confirmed by listening to Prodigal Son, especially the back to back Davey solos. :D

Mods, please delete last two pages because they're spam only. Or move them to another topic which will be suitably named for this internal joke (or whatever).

Has anyone ever noticed that the opening arpeggios of "Prodigal Son" correspond to a slow decomposition of the riff of "Pinball Wizard"? Just a try and sing "Ever since I was a young boy..." on the verse while playing the chords... it fits! :)

Can't get into this at all. Starts out like the theme tune to television snooker and becomes like an Ocean Colour Scene track.

Deserves some credit for being quite unique and a nice melody.

I love this song more than before. Love the acoustics and general drive of the song. And of course the solos. THE SOLOS.

Amazing song
9/10

Ho.

Ly.

Fuck.

So many thoughts running through my head. They seem to go something like this.

• If I thought Strange World sounded like a Lennon impression, then I obviously needed to listen to this song again.
  • I cannot tell what this song is supposed to be. Is it supposed to be a Beatles tribute? Is it supposed to be a Maiden ballad? Is it supposed to be them tackling that shitty music you get stuck listening to on the phone when there are 50 callers ahead of you? I cannot tell.
  • I think I detect some Pink Floyd in there.
  • Please, Lamia's curse was even worse. Stop bothering her.
  • This actually feels like how the Prodigal Son parable could be translated into song, if only the lyrics weren't so drastically different.
  • 6/10 sums up my feelings. I'd rate it a little higher if I could figure out what the hell this song is.

The solos are nice but not outstanding, and Paul sounds good but not outstanding, but that fucking acoustic guitar (or what I assume to be acoustic guitar) sucks. 3/10

Still, better than Purgatory. From time to time I actually wonder if I like this song because it's a cool idea different from the rest of their discography... Lol haha wtf.

Back