Prodigal Son

How good is Prodigal Son on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Like Remember Tomorrow, Paul to me seems at his most memorable when he tries his softer side.  This song has that in spades.  It has a sad, longing feel that stands out in an otherwise unchanging style.  10.

9 out of 10... It's always been one of my favorites on the album. The acoustic guitar is a perfect touch, and Di'anno's performance is among his best. For me, this was the most atypical song in the Maiden catalog until Journeyman came along...

Maiden's best ballad. (Besides Journeyman) The lyrics and guitar part and solos, it's all awesome. 9/10

Meh. I like this song more than I used to, but still it's a 6 from me. Guess I'll have to give more time for this.

If Iron Maiden ever decide to make a concert with an orchestra, this song has to be played. I think that the beginning of the song is made for an orchestral arrangement. 8/10.

7/10, Always liked this song, like the bass in this song, good guitar soloing, vocals sound good also.

Albie said:
Good song, really good song. Has some really nice melody. It actually got some flack when Killers was originally released citing this and Strange World as poor attempts at making their own "Child in Time"/"Stairway to Heaven". No idea why, as it is not pretending to be either.
8. That's two I voted on with ranking it in my message.

A nice little ballad.But I think the most memorable thing about it, is Adrian's solo.I used to listen to that part repeatedly. 8/10

again rated it before giving it 6... cant remember but ill bump it to 7 i think, nice and atmospheric. unlike most early days songs it makes me feel happy.

I voted for this one before, but haven't wrote anything 7.

Very good song. Paul once again shows the softer side of his voice to great effect, and this combined with the acoustic guitar creates a very atypical atmosphere here. The song doesn't crack the realms of brilliance for me yet, but perhaps it eventually will. 8/10

Back