Posting a new meme everyday 'til Iron Maiden releases new studio album

5k7h2l.jpg

I was actually about to post something in the Rant Thread about the wave of negativity that seems to be surrounding Senjutsu. Here I am just trying to be excited about my favourite band releasing a new album, why is everyone making it so difficult!?

I was actually about to post something in the Rant Thread about the wave of negativity that seems to be surrounding Senjutsu. Here I am just trying to be excited about my favourite band releasing a new album, why is everyone making it so difficult!?
People have different points of view. Such is life.

You could always make a “positive comments only” Senjutsu thread if you wanted to, and I’m sure the moderators would help you enforce the rule in that thread.

People have different points of view. Such is life.

You could always make a “positive comments only” Senjutsu thread if you wanted to, and I’m sure the moderators would help you enforce the rule in that thread.

I'm well aware of and totally fine with people having differing views, it's more that it seems to have come out of nowhere en masse. Every comment section on other news sites is full of the same complaints, even here we seem to have had an influx of new users moaning. I don't remember any of this in the run-up to Book of Souls, what I do remember is most people being very excited to hear Empire of the Clouds and Speed of Light got a good reception. What changed in six years?

I'm well aware of and totally fine with people having differing views, it's more that it seems to have come out of nowhere en masse. Every comment section on other news sites is full of the same complaints, even here we seem to have had an influx of new users moaning. I don't remember any of this in the run-up to Book of Souls, what I do remember is most people being very excited to hear Empire of the Clouds and Speed of Light got a good reception. What changed in six years?

Misery loves company. There's loads of bands that I used to like who jumped the shark, or bands I never liked in the first place, and it would never cross my mind to go on their forums and expect people to be interested in hearing my thoughts on the subject.

I think you misremember - there were a few people bitching about things back then too.

You're probably right. Maybe it's me, maybe I was better at focusing on the positives and ignoring the negatives back then.
It's an exciting time! And it should be, but there's a lot of people who don't want that, they just want to be miserable, so they make up reasons to be miserable. I will occasionally zing them in the thread, because I'm not going to moderate it - just pointing out that it's entirely self constructed.

Some people have been yearning for a more Birch sounding album. This is the most Birch sounding Shirley record Maiden have done (ok, room for some small improvement within the context of the album's sound). Suddenly it's "lo-fi".

I can only quote what Bruce said back in the day:

"You can get all the things you never needed
You can sell people crap and make them eat it"

Some people have been yearning for a more Birch sounding album. This is the most Birch sounding Shirley record Maiden have done (ok, room for some small improvement within the context of the album's sound). Suddenly it's "lo-fi".

I listened to Stratego today and I loved it, including production. (The voice a tad low, but no complaints). Later I went to visit Stratego thread and I caught the discussion going on there between the two camps of production approach; Birch & Shirley.

Curious, I put the Beats Studio Pro on my ears and I played Rime exactly after Stratego. Then Fear of the Dark, To Tame a Land, then again Stratego.
The difference is huge. Birch songs are so much clearer, the instruments are well isolated with each other and it's energetic as well.

I get what you say for the live and organic feel and I like Shirley. But Birch sound, especially in Powerslave was more commercial I find, more likely to appeal to bigger masses.

Anyway, Maiden seem to like Shirley, he manages to capture their essence and they are clearly appreciating that. Maybe with Birch it wouldn't have worked this time around. And let's don't forget that unlike Martin, Kevin has 3 electric guitars /players to tame.
So my advice to Birch lovers is be here now, be in the present tense, appreciate what you have now rather than living in the past. What's happening is a miracle already we should be grateful.

Back