POLL - The Big Question. Will They Finally Play It?

Will the Future Past tour see the live debut of Alexander the Great?

• Yes

Votes: 71 88.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 11.3%

• Total voters

CountryChurchyard

Anti-Growth Coalition
Anticipation hangs heavy in the air. The world sits with bated breath. It's the question every Iron Maiden fan wants an answer to. Will the Future Past tour finally see Bruce Dickinson sing The Angel and the Gambler?!

I am of course actually talking about the incomparable Alexander the Great, a legend amongst mortal men. Will they finally deliver?

Last edited:
I said no. My thoughts are here:

Yes they will finally play it.

And then you'll going to moan about how it was played too slow and that Bruce's pitch was too low which means he cannot do it anymore and blah blah blah......

Just give me Sea Of Madness.

I believe so and if one thinks for a while I think they'll do it if we take in account the remainder of the songs in SIT. By now I believe Wasted Years, Heaven Can wait and Stranger In A Strange Land have clinched their spot on next tour's setlist. That leaves us with 5 other options. And no matter how complex (and it is pretty much complex indeed) ATG's instrumental is I'm sure if they rehearse it enough they'll nail it.

As for the remaining 4 tunes I'm only seeing them pulling Deja Vu semi decently if they keep on playing at the same tune (E) and at similar BPM's. Sea Of Madness will be one hell of a stretch for Bruce to sing (yet still possible) while Caught Somewhere In Time and TLOTLDR are absolutely outside of his 64 year old voice to reach (no knock on Bruce... it's just the way things are when you get older). They could downtune the songs to Eb or D and in this case I think Bruce would belt them quite well (although unfortunately I'm not seeing Steve going for that). But then there's still Nicko. He said he experienced difficulties while playing the galloping of Stratego (and rightfully so... the man's 70!) and the band had to severely slow down Aces High. Now imagine what would happen with some of the songs I mentioned at nearly the original speed: it's a no can do.

So, due to the aforementioned reasons and the huge demand from fans at the concerts, I think ATG will make it to the bill alongside WY, SIASL and HCW. The 5th track out of SIT (if indeed the trailer's easter egg means they'll play 5 songs) is what puzzles me the most but I'm inclined to Deja Vu.

Back